• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars Marvel Cover prices

45 posts in this topic

I know in the past Lucas would pay significantly more than what an artist would normally charge for their art to an average collector.

This is also why I heard he stopped buying everything, because he found out he was being gauged really badly by artists....

I was taken aback by the price tags on those Cassady Star Wars covers myself. I thought it may have something to do with the recent SW cover sale. (shrug) I don't know anything about the Cassady market other than what Mr. Moy has listed, so is Star Wars that hot? I will argue though that Star Wars has a larger appeal and a deep-pocket buyer doesn't have to read comics to be interested in this type of art. Hollywood money perhaps?

And not that you can't look yourself, but JC Star Wars pages is about 2X as much as his Cap pages.

There are a couple of panel pages coming up on the next clink auction (not mine). It would be interesting to see how they do.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/preview.asp?code=2016aug&itemtype=1&Artist=JOHN%20CASSADAY