• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Movie Trouble?

46 posts in this topic

She's very non-specific about what she actually disliked about Squad other than to say basically everything (and, we should note, Suicide Squad was the #1 film last weekend, and looks to take #1 again in weekend 2). Instead, she went into Zack Snyder's "screw ups" that make people below him "suffer." She then criticized the Hall H San Diego Comic-Con panel as "a ridiculous mess that ranged from rushed to boring," and reached back in time a bit to question why he announced the DC Films slate on a shareholder conference call instead of at a Comic-Con or special event.

Finally, the writer alleges that Wonder Woman is "such a mess. Don't try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it's another mess," something that no reports or Hollywood insiders have said/reported about the film at this time. Wonder Woman, regardless, is the first film said to be more strictly under new DC Films co-head Geoff Johns' purview, where he worked more as a consultant in his Chief Creative Officer and producer positions on the previous films.

The open letter has to be taken with a grain of salt - no evidence or independent confirmation that the writer is who they claim to be is offered, after all. But it does echo a lot of the feelings some critics and fans have been putting out there for the last year or two. You can read the full letter at the Pajiba link above.

The Wonder Woman SDCC trailer left people stating it was a mess? This sounds way too one-sided.

I can see Suicide Squad leaving people divided. I can see Batman v Superman Theatrical Cut leaving people divided. Wonder Woman just from that trailer - not at all.

You're misreading it.

She's saying the actual Wonder Woman movie is a mess _despite_ the great trailer.

+1

right

You're misreading it.

She's saying the actual Wonder Woman movie is a mess _despite_ the great trailer.

Oh, I read the entire statement. Including when supposedly this person was laid off.

See, I am a former Warner Bros employee. I have so much respect for your studio," she said. She wasn't happy with the way Tsujihara handled layoffs in 2014

So someone that may or may not have been impacted by layoffs in 2014 is more plugged into the inner workings of the current state of a DC/Warner film that started initial photography in November 2015 than they were on Suicide Squad that started filming April 2015 where 'she' had next to nothing to state about the latter movie other than 'she' didn't like it?

Come on. You're in PR. This is someone with an axe to grind.

That's why if they fixated on those films they may or may not have had involvement in setting up, it would make more sense. This person targeted the film none of us have fully seen yet, so it makes it easy to talk about it being a mess. Especially by writing off the trailer that blew so many people away.

It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over.

If I worked at a donut stand, and I kept up donuts, I'd be fired. Even if I made a tiny decent one every now and then, it doesn't matter. I'm gonna get fired.

I love that studio, and you're allowing it to sink. It's not about making movies for 'the fans' and not 'the critics.' It's not even about 'ruining childhoods.' It's about protecting livelihoods.

It's time to wake up and make the donuts, Kevin.

They have a point. How many lackluster movies is this group going to make out of great source material?

Now here would be something interesting, as the timelines do align appropriately. And the person publishing this statement would have some knowledge of Wonder Woman's developments early on. Though not the current state of development. But this is a fictional story - not a declaration this is really happening.

‘Wonder Woman’ Director Shakeup: What Happened With Michelle MacLaren?

So the person that was covering Wonder Woman early on in November 2014 was Michelle MacLaren. But by April 2015 she parted ways with Warner Bros. due to 'creative differences'. She wanted to do a big Braveheart battle scene film, and they supposedly wanted it more character-focused.

So what if staff which were helping out early on were terminated, making it difficult for the first-time big movie director to move this forward. She struggles on for a few more months to make it work. But in the end, it is too much to deal with leading to a parting of ways. That would now account for 1) the focus on 2014 layoffs, and 2) the details or assumption Wonder Woman is a mess behind-the-scenes. Though it would be based on earlier developments versus current events under Patty Jenkins (a director with at least one massive hit under her belt with 'Monster' and many TV projects).

Like I said. Fiction. But the timeline and motivation makes it align in an interesting way.

You know what isnt in trouble?

Batman Adventures 12.

Holy spoon last CGC 9.8 sale: $2850.

Suicide Squad just monstered keyed that book even more!

Batman Adventures 12.

:screwy: Wny would someone pay that when there are multiple 9.8s on eBay for BINs or best offer for hundreds less?? Dumb!! this book in 9.8 was only a couple hundred bucks just a few years ago. I question sales like this knowing someone probably has hoarded this book as is looking to capitalize. there are over a thousand 9.6/9.8s already on CGCs cencus and Gosh knows how many from the other companies. I think people buy say 20 or 30 copies then have a buddy list one for an significantly higher and Buy that copy and make sure the sale is public then wammo!! see how many gullible fools will bite on their copies. I agree this book is key and should be worth money but it is climbing way to fast IMO. This is the reason I can't get in this market for these newer keys. Just to simple for someone to manipulate the market if they have the means

Wonder Woman being a mess wouldn't surprise me at all considering everything else they have released so far.

True, but you could tell that immediately from the trailers. At least with WW and Justice League the trailers actually look GOOD and there's nothing that makes you say "What the EFF are they thinking???"

Batman Adventures 12.

:screwy: Wny would someone pay that when there are multiple 9.8s on eBay for BINs or best offer for hundreds less?? Dumb!! this book in 9.8 was only a couple hundred bucks just a few years ago. I question sales like this knowing someone probably has hoarded this book as is looking to capitalize. there are over a thousand 9.6/9.8s already on CGCs cencus and Gosh knows how many from the other companies. I think people buy say 20 or 30 copies then have a buddy list one for an significantly higher and Buy that copy and make sure the sale is public then wammo!! see how many gullible fools will bite on their copies. I agree this book is key and should be worth money but it is climbing way to fast IMO. This is the reason I can't get in this market for these newer keys. Just to simple for someone to manipulate the market if they have the means

I usually agree, but to keep this short and sweet.

Bat 12 is trading exactly correctly.

Harley Quinn for now and the foreseeable the most popular female character, yes well over Wonder Woman.

Hulk 181 is common as dirt, but the demand is infinite. Same for Bat Adv 12.

Wonder Woman being a mess wouldn't surprise me at all considering everything else they have released so far.

We'll see. But someone from comicbookmovie.com notified Patty Jenkins about this letter, and she started responding directly (quite a few industry connected people on there).

sMcxaVU.png

Batman Adventures 12.

I usually agree, but to keep this short and sweet.

Bat 12 is trading exactly correctly.

Harley Quinn for now and the foreseeable the most popular female character, yes well over Wonder Woman.

Hulk 181 is common as dirt, but the demand is infinite. Same for Bat Adv 12.

Quick go buy Roy's at $1800 and make a grand on it...