• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We should have a report ebay "scammer" seller thread

73 posts in this topic

He said he felt insulted and could provide evidence that the listing was legit. Told him about the thread. He wants to see it. He claims to have the CGC paperwork for the book and the pic of Stan signing it.

I gave him a link so he might (might) be here soon.

Awesome ! That way we can introduce him to the wonderful world of GPA.

Hey pal, if you're reading this, a 7.5 SS X-Men 1 has NEVER been worth 50K and NEVER will. At best 10K, maybe.

Awesome ! That way we can introduce him to the wonderful world of GPA.

Hey pal, if you're reading this, a 7.5 SS X-Men 1 has NEVER been worth 50K and NEVER will. At best 10K, maybe.

7.5 Blue went for $9k

8.0 Yellow went for $22

Who says, Stan's signature isn't worth it.

And to be fair. I have all my books priced higher than GPA and then they sell... when they sell. And... strangely... they have been selling this summer.

So on eBay...

Maybe it sells for $17k... not saying what some over here would pay... but given past sales it would not surprise me if someone on eBay buys it for $17k.

This is the guy that is selling the X-Men #1 1963. Because of your post I have been getting bids that are total jokes. I can prove that it is real because if you look at the date of when CGC verified the grade it was the same time as the 2014 Chicago comic con. I also have the receipt from CGC. I have a CGC account.

This is the guy that is selling the X-Men #1 1963. Because of your post I have been getting bids that are total jokes. I can prove that it is real because if you look at the date of when CGC verified the grade it was the same time as the 2014 Chicago comic con. I also have the receipt from CGC. I have a CGC account.

I have no doubt your listing is legit. Your asking price however ... *ahem* I would say expect your book to remain listed, for about 100 years.

But hey, you might get lucky and find that perfect patsy buyer.

Just a FYI a comic is what a person is willing to pay for it. When I first bought this comic it was offered to me at 25K without Stan Signing it. Yes I negotiate the price down but I immediately had Stan Lee sign it. Gothem Kid I would suggest that you get your facts correct because what you are doing is considered slander because you have no proof in your claims where I can back mine up. Are you jealous that you can't afford this comic and you will never be able to get one for yourself?

Just a FYI a comic is what a person is willing to pay for it. When I first bought this comic it was offered to me at 25K without Stan Signing it. Yes I negotiate the price down but I immediately had Stan Lee sign it. Gothem Kid I would suggest that you get your facts correct because what you are doing is considered slander because you have no proof in your claims where I can back mine up. Are you jealous that you can't afford this comic and you will never be able to get one for yourself?

:roflmao:

Sunday is the new Friday.....

I'm slandering you !? Do you even know what the word means !? You're the one that needs to get your facts straight.

I am just giving my opinion that 50K for a X-Men 1 SS 7.5 is :screwy:

And trust me, if I'd want to buy a copy, I'd aim for a much higher grade.

mad negotiating skillz i guess - not that you could not find a 7.5 got under 16 K right now- oh wait - you can.....

slander is untrue statements - GK can back up his pricing information - so can many of people on this board...............

Oh will you look at that johnf !!!

An X-Men 1 CGC 8.0 sold 10 days ago for 12K at auction.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/x-men-1-marvel-1963-cgc-vf-80-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7139-91265.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Gee whiz, what ever happened !?