• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We should have a report ebay "scammer" seller thread

73 posts in this topic

What am I missing here that makes the listing fraudulent ?

I don't doubt your word for a second but I am not seeing it. So if I am missing something that is wrong, I will not be able to know for future listings.

I see all the points made here, and agree they look suspicious, however, if I was to start selling some of my high dollar books on ebay today I might look just as suspicious...with a feedback rating of only 30 or so...and only for buying comics... lol

Different. You have feedback for comic purchases. Common denominator. Even though you have not sold any, a LOT of difference from someone who's feedback is based on car parts.

I see all the points made here, and agree they look suspicious, however, if I was to start selling some of my high dollar books on ebay today I might look just as suspicious...with a feedback rating of only 30 or so...and only for buying comics... lol

Different. You have feedback for comic purchases. Common denominator. Even though you have not sold any, a LOT of difference from someone who's feedback is based on car parts.

Plus, I would wager that your description will look a lot more detailed, and contain proper grammar, as compared to "You are bidding on a ultra rare comic from 1941 !!! I think there is nothing to say about it."

The important thing is to report these hijacked accounts (that already have some feedback history). Not much you can do about 0 or low feedback accounts created yesterday. They'll end up creating new ones as eBay shuts them down.

PayPal must lose millions each year on fraudulent eBay activity:

CrapHead opens eBay and PP account, list high dollar book, deposits PP money in his bank, Craphead cleans out bank account and awayyyyyy he goes like a fart in the wind

Won't happen. New accounts are subject to the "21-day hold" that PP implements where the funds don't get released until the item has been confirmed to be delivered and positive feedback left.