• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We should have a report ebay "scammer" seller thread

73 posts in this topic

I got the comic in the mail today from Wilhelm Uthe. Looks like he's turned over a new leaf and gone legit! The comic is beautiful in hand, and the sale was totally legit. Now I am offering it at the low low price of ONE MILLION DOLLARS, which you can wire to me via Western Union and my intermediary in Senegal. Here is a photo that PROVES that I am completely honorable and not talking out of my keister on this at all. You see, a picture next to a piece of paper is 100% always authentic and real and in no way could it ever be doctored or manipulated, so you KNOW that this is the Real McCoy for serious collector cats who are too cool to be conned!!!

164330.jpg.d59767e619350b42492cdf02ff957a26.jpg

So here we are reporting the book as a scam and not bidding on it for fear of encouraging criminals...hmmm...should have listened to my gut feeling and bid on it as others on this thread have...despite the long explanation on why it was a fake. Leaves me a little frustrated.

So here we are reporting the book as a scam and not bidding on it for fear of encouraging criminals...hmmm...should have listened to my gut feeling and bid on it as others on this thread have...despite the long explanation on why it was a fake. Leaves me a little frustrated.

He didn't actually get the book. He showed how easy it is to fake a photo like that.

okay...I apologize...my mistake...reading posts quickly all-the-while walking the dog at the same time.

:shrug: It happens. I would be lying if I said I've never done it.

My photo is a fake -- I was making a joke and showing how easy it is to fake a photo.

The listing is still about 99.9999% certainly a scam.

okay...I apologize...my mistake...reading posts quickly all-the-while walking the dog at the same time.

Walking the dog.... Suuuuure you were.... We all know you were out playing Pokemon Go.

Here is another photo from the setup I used to doctor the photo to make it look like I bought Green Lantern #1. I was going to make a whole still life type thing with whiskey and other stuff surrounding the CGC slab, but then I got lazy and just had the whiskey bottle, and finally I lamed out and just used a shot of the slab next to the note.

164459.jpg.0e513716df998311152fed8ce01bae5e.jpg

This book was for sale for a LONG time on ebay for a much higher price. Now it's for sale for a much lower price, using the exact same description and photos from a 0-feedback seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daring-Mystery-Comics-1-1940-CGC-SS-2-5-Signed-Joe-Simon-Highest-Graded-only1-/262688929753?hash=item3d297af7d9:g:ofIAAOSwUEVYDds2

Here is the listing where it was finally sold (and I'm surprised at how cheaply it went):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111932378454?nma=true&si=zR21oN%2BphnL%2FwbywvtlW1aiI5Uc%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true