• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starting my own Internet Show about Collecting Comic Books

73 posts in this topic

Just watched, off to a good start as you kept me listening the whole episode! (thumbs u

My comments:

1. I'd like to see the books up a bit closer to the camera as you describe.

2. Grab one of those guitars and play yourself a little intro tune! :headbang:

Thank you and the first point is perfect feedback! I will do that moving forward for sure.

And I might break out the guitar one day for sure.

I'm actually going to be featured on a show called EVH Gear Discussion this Friday night at 10pm talking guitars and comics. I will post a link for it so anyone can watch it.

Thanks again!

OK - I made it a minute and a half. Don't know whether that is considered winning or losing in your world. But there it is.

Awesome, glad you watched even a little.

Thanks! :)

OK - I made it a minute and a half. Don't know whether that is considered winning or losing in your world. But there it is.

What's your over/under to a trip to :censored: hub.com?

6 mins to 30 secs depending on luck of the draw first page lol

I think it's great that you don't look like one of those Kevin Smith types.

That is, your hair was combed and you didn't have a scruffy beard. Your room look organized too.

You have some nice books.

my 2c... the most interesting bit of your video should be in the first 2 min. That way, they will watch to the end.

Good work.

I think it's great that you don't look like one of those Kevin Smith types.

That is, your hair was combed and you didn't have a scruffy beard. Your room look organized too.

You have some nice books.

my 2c... the most interesting bit of your video should be in the first 2 min. That way, they will watch to the end.

Good work.

I appreciate the advice about getting things up front. I'll make sure to do that and lay out the things I will be discussing so people stay tuned.

I also appreciate the feedback on how it looks and how I look.

I hope to see you on future shows.

Thanks,

Marc

Good show, and good luck!

I skimmed listening to 5-10 second blurbs until I got to around 4 min mark.

That's where IMO the "content" began (the rest was prologue about you and your history, which only becomes interesting after we've gotten to know you a bit).

Will just throw out what struck me as I watched - People will need a reason to watch - for e.g., can be content or personality driven generally. If content driven, then e.g. can be educational, or opinion, or market spec., or grading hints/tips. Sometimes controversy works (to sign or not to sign?, or what's so bad about restored if it saves $$ ?).

If you want to be educational, it's a tough road between collectors/investors with varied depth of knowledge - are you educating newbs (if so, then can't say "AF fifteen was the first appearance of Spiderman, should say whole title "Amazing Fantasy"). If target market is experienced collectors then must find some esoteric or lesser known tidbits to sprinkle throughout the podcast.

Great idea to have guests and some discussion. Liked the EC segment. Like the history of what led to CCA ugly stamp and role of censorship.

Maybe an 'artist featured of the week'? We all know Adams, Wrightson and Steranko, who are some other greats? Or 'great storyline' or 'awful storyline but had nice moments.'

Perhaps to close out shows a few-minute segment about grading (how to grade a nice VF/+ copy BUT has a small chunk out or water stain on back or 1 inch cutout from letters page), or here are three clearly VG range comics, and why they are VG copies.

Good show, and good luck!

I skimmed listening to 5-10 second blurbs until I got to around 4 min mark.

That's where IMO the "content" began (the rest was prologue about you and your history, which only becomes interesting after we've gotten to know you a bit).

Will just throw out what struck me as I watched - People will need a reason to watch - for e.g., can be content or personality driven generally. If content driven, then e.g. can be educational, or opinion, or market spec., or grading hints/tips. Sometimes controversy works (to sign or not to sign?, or what's so bad about restored if it saves $$ ?).

If you want to be educational, it's a tough road between collectors/investors with varied depth of knowledge - are you educating newbs (if so, then can't say "AF fifteen was the first appearance of Spiderman, should say whole title "Amazing Fantasy"). If target market is experienced collectors then must find some esoteric or lesser known tidbits to sprinkle throughout the podcast.

Great idea to have guests and some discussion. Liked the EC segment. Like the history of what led to CCA ugly stamp and role of censorship.

Maybe an 'artist featured of the week'? We all know Adams, Wrightson and Steranko, who are some other greats? Or 'great storyline' or 'awful storyline but had nice moments.'

Perhaps to close out shows a few-minute segment about grading (how to grade a nice VF/+ copy BUT has a small chunk out or water stain on back or 1 inch cutout from letters page), or here are three clearly VG range comics, and why they are VG copies.

Thanks and that is all excellent feedback/suggestions.

I would like the content to be more topic oriented and discussion oriented rather than educational. For me, I want the show to have at least 1-3 guests at all times and keep the conversation flowing.

Each show will have a theme about it and I'll announce who the guests will be and what we will be discussing ahead of time.

Regarding grading tips, I can certainly try to do that...I'm not an expert on grading thought but I can give my opinion on what I think a book grades at based on what I know.

I've reached out to fellow collectors and dealers and so far have some good interest from people joining the show. I'll have another one set up in about a week or so.

Thanks and I do really appreciate the feedback

If the theme of the episode interested me I'd watch without caring what you or the guests were wearing or what you looked like.

After a while if I grew interested in how you handle your moderation of the themes in past episodes, I might tune in for shows that didn't interest me at first.

Thanks guys! I'll have a show for next week featuring a CGC forum member and another comic book enthusiast to talk all about older comics and the Walking Dead.

More to come

Thanks for the link. I am glad that there is a CC option for me to see what you're talking about. A must for me. Will finish the rest later tonight, but the beginning looks good to me.

(thumbs u

Thanks for the link. I am glad that there is a CC option for me to see what you're talking about. A must for me. Will finish the rest later tonight, but the beginning looks good to me.

(thumbs u

Thank you. If you can subscribe also it will send you update when shows are scheduled

All the best

Wow, great idea. You look exactly how I imagined lol how weird.

I will be following. Couple of ideas, is there way of scanning the comics before hand and then editing them into the video clip after, so we can get a good look?

Also don't be afraid to go full geek on us, I think your show should be geared towards the more "educated" comic collector like most on these boards.

Great guy and I wish you all the best!

Maybe a place to make note of things in the market and to reach out to people for issues like this too...

Here is a flyer that you can save/copy and email out to anyone that might be a buyer of comics.

2016-08-16-0001_zpsb82ti94d.jpg