• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which superhero would you like to see Netflix take on next?

40 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but which superhero would you like to see Netflix take on? In this hypothetical it could be any character from any publisher or genre. I myself, would like to see a Joker lead show through his world. Think that could be amazing. Also would like to see Dollman brought to the small screen. How about you guys?

It might be down the road now... but The Fantastic Four!

Apparently, the movies is not for them.

I actually a show can devote more time for the family aspects of their team, if cast correctly.

What a great answer.

FF needs the extra time devoted to it to flesh out all the family dynamics.

They could devote the entire 1st season to fleshing out characters, creating some intrigue with a Victor VonDoom, and then have them rocket into space for the season finale. Kind of like how Preacher did a full prequel in Season 1.

I want something that will be totally different than this consistent 'hero on bad guy' small-scale storyline. And especially something with a much wider pallet to paint from.

strikeforce-morituri-cover-image-385x600.jpg

It's been brought up as a film for years now.

Marvel’s STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI Being Developed into Feature Film by Waterman Entertainment

In 2069, an alien race called “the Horde” arrived in Earth’s solar system (it was later revealed that the actual name of the race was the ‘Va-Shaak’). Although they were technologically advanced far beyond humanity at that time, they were extremely savage. Examples of this savagery include the retaliatory slaughter of human slaves (this was shown after the victory of the Black Watch), the nuclear destruction of San Diego (also in response to the Black Watch’s assassination of the Earth Commander of the Horde Forces), and the decapitation of children (especially by literally ripping their heads off) in order to establish dominance over newly captured human slaves (one particularly brutal terror-tactic favored by the Horde early in the war was to capture large numbers of humans in order to take them just outside the Earth’s atmosphere and then eject them from the ships, allowing them to burn up in re-entry so watchers on the ground could see the streaks representing their burning forms. This tactic became known to humans as ‘a Highdive’).

The premise is that aliens have invaded Earth and nearly succeeded in conquering it and stripping it of its resources. A scientist discovers a process which can provide humans with superhuman powers, effectively creating a group of defending superheroes. However, the process would also ensure that the empowered humans would die within a year of being empowered. The series thus focused on the heroism of the main characters in fighting the invaders, while living with the knowledge that their fates were sealed regardless of whether or not they prevailed.

This could be the streaming version of a space adventure like the Guardians. And since Vanth Dreadstar is owned by Starlin and already in the works...

Comic Book Legend Jim Starlin to Adapt 'Dreadstar' for TV

...I'll take this space adventure runner-up.

If we are going outside the box, I would like to see a rich universe based on this 1976 comic book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Extraordinary_Adventures_of_Ad%C3%A8le_Blanc-Sec

The movie was eye-popping, but crammed with mythologies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Extraordinary_Adventures_of_Ad%C3%A8le_Blanc-Sec_(film)

Maybe if it took time to breathe as a TV series, this could become the Downtown Abby meets Doctor Who of funnybook properties.

The lead Louise Bourgoin in the movie was pitch-perfect as Adele, a cross between Indiana Jones and Amelie. Not to mention on of the most beautiful women on the planet.

Maybe they can devote more time with her sister before the "accident" and more Hellboy monsters as she searches for a "cure" for her condition.

This would be an awesome audience discovery!

Ex Machina or Y: The Last Man.

Frankly, surprised neither's been done already.

Ex Machina is a straight-forward "West Wing" meets "Iron Man"

and Y seems perfect for a single-season 12 episode HBO mini-series.

Started going back through Young Justice again. So Netflix needs to revive that series. Same quality, same voices, same designs.

C'mon Netflix. It's a no-brainer. :wishluck:

Otherwise I think a high-end ERB John Carter or Flash Gordon animated effort would be cool. Top-drawer writers, clean Alex Raymond style art designs, epic arcs done right. I mean, how frikken' fun would that be.

Started going back through Young Justice again. So Netflix needs to revive that series. Same quality, same voices, same designs.

C'mon Netflix. It's a no-brainer. :wishluck:

Otherwise I think a high-end ERB John Carter or Flash Gordon animated effort would be cool. Top-drawer writers, clean Alex Raymond style art designs, epic arcs done right. I mean, how frikken' fun would that be.

Oh! I'd like to see those made.

:applause:

Fables could be good. But the production costs would be very high I think.

100 Bullets could probably be done well. Scalped.

How about something off the wall like "H-for Hero"? Sort of like an anthology of loosely connected stories of normal people gaining superpowers.