• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C'mon People- Check Your Freakin' Pages!!

44 posts in this topic

It does pay to count pages, but I've received the occasional missing centerfold book from various standup dealers. Each of them gave me an easy return or credit towards something else -- no big deal; it's just not always possible to achieve 100% perfection. Politely stating the problem and politely requesting a refund/exchange should always work -- and on eBay (nowadays) a return for almost any reason (let alone a legit one) is simple, even if somewhat a pain to do. :) Better than having to eat the loss!

It does pay to count pages, but I've received the occasional missing centerfold book from various standup dealers. Each of them gave me an easy return or credit towards something else -- no big deal; it's just not always possible to achieve 100% perfection. Politely stating the problem and politely requesting a refund/exchange should always work -- and on eBay (nowadays) a return for almost any reason (let alone a legit one) is simple, even if somewhat a pain to do. :) Better than having to eat the loss!

I 100% agree with this and have even missed a few too, I just seem to be getting one a week. That's all. It is just slightly irritating, especially when filling a gap in your collection with what looks like a nice copy that will fit in perfectly in grade and color only to find it incomplete.

I 100% agree with this and have even missed a few too, I just seem to be getting one a week. That's all. It is just slightly irritating, especially when filling a gap in your collection with what looks like a nice copy that will fit in perfectly in grade and color only to find it incomplete.

This seems like a good strategy to short circuit the problem;

A friend taught me the answer to the eBay problem, I write to the seller before bidding and ask for a page count . I specifically ask them to count each piece of paper as one page and not to count the covers. I also ask (if it's an odd count) for them to tell me how many pages are on each side of the staple.