• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Must go conventions!

28 posts in this topic

London Super Comic Convention

Seems popular with transatlantic boardies, and the only British convention that has the real look and feel of a big American comics show.

Chicago > Everything else

The sheer amount of quality material in the room is astounding. Wed-Fri are my heavy buying days...Saturdays are for gawking over Metro or Comic Heaven's booths for all the amazing material that will likely remain out of reach.

Chicago > Everything else

The sheer amount of quality material in the room is astounding. Wed-Fri are my heavy buying days...Saturdays are for gawking over Metro or Comic Heaven's booths for all the amazing material that will likely remain out of reach.

Just to emphasize what George is saying, I posted pics of wall books in the Gold forum

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9516360#Post9516360

Fun Topic

1. Motor City Comic Con...Still has dozens of real comic book dealers as well as the mindless geek culture and meh cosplayers so you get the full experience.

2. Comic Art Showcase, Secaucus NJ. Show is 2x a year, and it is the premier original comic art show on the planet. It dwarfs the art selection at any show, including NYCC (from what im told, never done that one).

3. Any local show, really. Best deals and can fill in lots of sets on the cheap at these shows.

Heroes con cause comics and creators

Baltimore con cause comics and close by

Wizard world Austin cause 6th st.

I hope to go to NYCC this year or next.

Next year I plan to do

SDCC cause most high profile artists can only be fouND there

Wizard world chicago cause I hear good tings

Btw, is the wizard world chicago show the best chicago show to go to?