• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want to see everyone's signed comics and memorabilia !!!

63 posts in this topic

Marv Wolfman inside a copy of NTT 25...

mw.jpg

Redskins team autograph ball from 83-84 season. That's Theismanns' sig in the photo center. Too bad they lost the XVIII bowl.

jt.jpg

Sweet topic!

Gave me a chance to go through some stuff!

I think I've had Romita SR sign just about every Amazing Spider-Man, up to about 150. I've let a few go over the years, but I still have a lot. He has ALWAYS been pleasant and has had some fun stories about the books or covers or what was going on in his life at the time he was drawing them. Cool stuff, I tell you! Here are a few:

jrsignasmall7nh.jpg

jrsignasm40s14hr.jpg

jrsignasm40s25hj.jpg

jrsignasm503nn.jpg

I had a great, great time meeting Gil Kane at the San Diego Con one year & I got him to sign some of my favorite Spideys. I'd read that Gil was a super-nice man & he sure was. When I asked him to sign some books, he replied, "Of course, Old Boy. It would be a pleasure." What a gentleman.

gksignasmall0mr.jpg

gksignasm24tq.jpg

I've also had Stan Lee sign a few. I got him to sign quite a few at a small show at a mall in Phoenix in 1995. Nobody was freaking there! And I mean nobody! Getting to shoot the breeze with 'The Man' for about 25 minutes was a true highlight for me. Here y'go:

stansignallfirsts5jj.jpg

stansignffspdy0sh.jpg

stansignasmann13ku.jpg

stansignthor7ko.jpg

I think I've got all of Wrightson's Swamp Thing books signed & Len Wein has signed most of those, too. A cool 'double' for me. Got a sweet Avengers #8 signed by King Kirby and bunches of modern stuff (Preachers by Ennis/Dillon, Doom Patrols by Morrison, lots of Sandman by Gaiman & various artists).

For me, it can really add a special uniqueness to a book when I get it signed. There's almost always an added story about the books from the creators & for the most part, they're curious about what YOU thought of their work. At least that's how it's been for me so far. I've met tons of really nice creators! Yeah, there are some not-so-great encounters, but that's been far & few between.

I will give a shout-out to Brian Bendis. This was when Elektra #1 hit the stands. He signed one for me and one for my son & he was extremely nice to my son (about age 13 at the time) & really wanted to know if my boy enjoyed the comic or not & what was cool & what worked & didn't appeal to him. Bendis earned a fan for life in me and my son & I'll never forget that.

Man! I could post all kinds of junk! But I don't wanna hog the whole thread!

And - as far as non-comic related items? Got one. This is the back side of the lyrics insert from the Joshua Tree album. Still looking for a bigger poster, but this one holds me over quite well for now.

u2sign8rw.jpg

holy lord, insanely cool collection, wish i could scan my dd v2#50, not my only signed book, have about 100 signed by greg rucka from an hour long chat, and quite a few from waid and kesel, but my dd #50 was signed by bendis the day it came out, then almost 2 years later i got it signed by alex maleev.

Here are a couple:

Signed Albedo 2 (first appearance Usagi Yojimbo) by Stan Sakai cloud9.gif:

Albedo2Sig.jpg

Signed by Neal Adams at this year's Wondercon 893applaud-thumb.gif:

GL76Adams.jpg

And my best sportscard, signed by Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and Kevin Garnett...pulled from a box! yay.gif:

SOTTKobe-Jordan-Garnett.jpg

Here are a couple:

Albedo2Sig.jpg

Have I told you I hate you lately? Christo_pull_hair.gifhail.gif

Not lately. But you're in good company...Jbud also hates me, but that's because the signed Albedo 2 is my reader. 27_laughing.gif This is my keeper:

Albedo_2s.jpg

Here are a couple:

Albedo2Sig.jpg

Have I told you I hate you lately? Christo_pull_hair.gifhail.gif

Not lately. But you're in good company...Jbud also hates me, but that's because the signed Albedo 2 is my reader. 27_laughing.gif This is my keeper:

Albedo_2s.jpg

You have an Albedo 2 "reader". yeahok.gif

Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

that's pretty darn sweet, everytime i hear of artist signings i remember being at the con and turning down a run of impulse 1-25 at right around cover price, then having mark waid sign my damned FF's i had brought with me, and just as i sit down in the car i am like "sumperson_without_enough_empathy!, dude did impulse for like 27 issues"