• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Horror Mag Publisher

Horror Mag Publishers  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Horror Mag Publishers

43 posts in this topic

Piers! Get outta here with your shameless self promotion! 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Just kidding,friend. I do it for Horror Comics Review once in awhile myself. (In fact, am I doing it right now? wink.gif)

I wonder who you voted for, Piers ol' buddy!? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, I figured Warren would come out on top.

I have to wonder how many shills came out to play for this one, though. confused-smiley-013.gif

As of this writing this poll has had 34 votes with the thread getting over 200 hits. Meanwhile, the poll I have in the GA section currently has over 1,400 hits but just 21 votes. Not to mention I recently watched the mag section for a few days and NO posts were made in almost a week! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, someone could have a shill account and use it to vote more than once. You wouldn't even need that really. I THINK (not positive cuz I never do it myself) that if you delete your TIFs, history, and cookies (I think the cookies would be the main thing, not sure) you could also vote more than once with the same account? Any of you geniuses out there have any input on that? confused-smiley-013.gif

Just seems weird the near deserted wasteland that is the mag section had a poll that was much more active than a widely viewed GA poll. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Then again, I could be wrong! Maybe I just actually came up with something people really wanted to weigh in on & didn't skew with multiple votes. insane.gif

Well, someone could have a shill account and use it to vote more than once. You wouldn't even need that really. I THINK (not positive cuz I never do it myself) that if you delete your TIFs, history, and cookies (I think the cookies would be the main thing, not sure) you could also vote more than once with the same account? Any of you geniuses out there have any input on that? confused-smiley-013.gif

Just seems weird the near deserted wasteland that is the mag section had a poll that was much more active than a widely viewed GA poll. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Then again, I could be wrong! Maybe I just actually came up with something people really wanted to weigh in on & didn't skew with multiple votes. insane.gif

Oh, well in that case, I voted twice. Once for Skywald, and once for Seawald. Ima a shiller I tell ya! insane.gif

-bounty

I voted in the mag poll, though I've never posted. I also lurk around every couple of days. I don't know how that affects the numbers, but here I be.

By the way, this "dead board" is really the only one I've visited here yet!

warrens are by far the best horror mags. Marvel comics and ACG probably my favorite horror comics. But warrens mags are the best out there with creepy, FMOFL, vamperilla,and errie they just don't get any better than that

IMHO Vampi had semi weak stories. Especially when Compared to Skywald stuff.

Creepy had awesome stories and work, and was one of my favorites. It seems as if Eerie touched on more of the Alternative type of Supernatural elements and Sci-Fi stuff more often. I loved Creepy for its almost pure horror content. Then if you just want to have some fun, get some stuff done by Eerie Pub. That is what they were for, pure unbridled enjoyment. Sometimes offensive covers including great work by Ayers and some pre-code reprints mixed in there.

-bounty

I went with Warren because where I'm from that was what you were most likely to find on the shelves at the locla newsagents, those were the mags I was exposed to.

I remember seeing Vampirella on the newstands back when I was a little kid drooling over the covers but my mom wouldn't buy them for me so I had to make do with ASM and the Avengers.