• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

congrats sterling! Of course most of the fun in precode is reading them, so get some beaters!

I am really psyched I have a nice pile of pre codes coming...it's been too long! I'll post scans when I get back from my vacation in August!

congrats sterling! Of course most of the fun in precode is reading them, so get some beaters!

I am really psyched I have a nice pile of pre codes coming...it's been too long! I'll post scans when I get back from my vacation in August!

:applause: Didn't you get rid of a bunch some time ago? Any you wish you still had?

great book Keith! Love the side panel by wolverton.

Hey Jay I did get rid of a bunch a ways back. I have become used to having to part with books being a self-employed artist. It only takes a couple dry months and those $100 comics don't start looking so necessary! I regret selling only a couple though because they will be VERY tough to replace - Startling terror with cole spider cover, Weird tales of the future #4 & 7, Mister Mystery #11, BCM #50 & Worlds of Fear #10.

Coming in I have This mag is Haunted #1 & 18 (Ditko & one of the most violent books I have ever seen), Strange stories from another World #4 (Saunders zombie coming up from the water cover)Out of the Shadows #9 (Crandall masterpiece) & Strange Mysteries #15 I think it is, with the Skull & hands reaching out towards the woman in red. All are VG range books...Hooray!!!

Yeah, not quite sure whether or not the corpse is supposed to be reanimated or not as her right hand looks like it could be reaching? (shrug)

But either way it's a pretty demented cover! :cloud9:

btw: ther's a pretty gruesome decapitation story in this issue, I think reprinted from Mr. Mystery?

Hi there . . .

New in yesterday . . . original artwork for:

5yt6xzr.jpg

Been wanting a good Atlas (pre-code Marvel) Horror cover for a long, long time.

I think this fits the bill nicely!

I have a copy of that book. A great cover! Congrats on your purchase.