• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,238 posts in this topic

How about the only graded and highest graded copy on the census of a OPG noted classic cover? Suspense 14 for you.

Scott

yes......i wanted another reason to post it again. :cloud9:

It IS a nice looking book, but that one pops up fairly routine. There is one in an eBay store right now, and another which failed to sell at auction not too long ago. :foryou:

There is also a Worlds of Fear 2 on ebay being sold by John Hauser right now too.

Scott

How about the only graded and highest graded copy on the census of a OPG noted classic cover? Suspense 14 for you.

Scott

yes......i wanted another reason to post it again. :cloud9:

It IS a nice looking book, but that one pops up fairly routine. There is one in an eBay store right now, and another which failed to sell at auction not too long ago. :foryou:

There is also a Worlds of Fear 2 on ebay being sold by John Hauser right now too.

Scott

Actually, there are TWO copies of WoF # 2 up in stores. :pullhair:

Ew, ew...MONSTER CRIME! That's a tough one, if you count it. Has the horror cover, but basically crime reprints inside. (shrug)

Did anybody else see that they were reprinting the 1st 10 issues of Strange Tales into a Masterworks?

Yup, heard about it on the Atlas / Tales mailing list :banana: A strange and daring choice from the powers-that-be at Marvel but let's :golfclap: them for going with it!

Did anybody else see that they were reprinting the 1st 10 issues of Strange Tales into a Masterworks?

That's the best news I've heard all day! Well...it's only 9:35 am, but still! :banana:

Yup, heard about it on the Atlas / Tales mailing list :banana: A strange and daring choice from the powers-that-be at Marvel but let's :golfclap: them for going with it!

Nice, but when will they get around to doing NEW horror antholgies. hm

I'm sure most of you have seen this one before. Credit to Terry at universal monster army at yahoo groups

boris.JPG

Very cool. I actually own the top two books. :banana:

a couple of Spellbounds....

spellbound14.jpg

spellbound17.jpg

That Spellbound 14 is great.....love both of the Everett covers. It is funny looking at the various un-dead on the 14----the femme fatale leaning against the tree.....who in skeleton land must have been a hottie. Talk about beauty only being skin deep, she would be the exception. :insane: The "guy" in the purple trenchcoat looks like he is getting ready to flash someone, and the ascot wearing corpse in the foreground is quite debonair for a dead guy. Funny stuff, but cool nontheless. Sweet books buddy.

Scott

I need to get a 14. Nice cover. Stories any good.

Here are 2 pickups for me.

Love cemetery covers.

Mystic14cgc9.jpg

Mystic20cgc8.jpg

Buck, where did you pick those up? The Heritage auction a couple of Sundays ago or somewhere else? Sweet books by the way.....really sweet. I love the skeleton hanging limp on the right side of the 20....and the witch in the bottom right lower box. Atlas books are so much fun.

I see where Jay got his today....I'm still waiting for mine. hm

Scott