• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
22 22

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,268 posts in this topic

hooray! The Bubble cover drops in to say hi! 893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

It is pretty underappreciated, IMO. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What's the interior art like? Any nice Lou Cameron art? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hooray! The Bubble cover drops in to say hi! 893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

It is pretty underappreciated, IMO. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What's the interior art like? Any nice Lou Cameron art? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

YES! The lead story is a NICE Cameron piece! thumbsup2.gifyay.gif

Excellent! Need to get me one. grin.gif

Speaking of Cameron, I came across this story today -

1616562-Fight81LouCameron.jpg

Early, but still very nice work on his part.

What are you doing buying GA books? Are you a FH fiend now?

Now, we all know the claim about Eerie and AitU as the original Horror series but what about recurring horror features in books pre- horror series. What's the word / history on those, PCK? The reason I ask is because while I knew about the Ghost Gallery feature in Jumbo, I only became aware of the Werewolf Hunter series in Rangers today crazy.gif. Here's an example from Rangers 35 -

1618479-Rangers35WerewolfHunterHandPage.jpg

Were there any other long running horror / supernatural features prior to these ones? How far back do they go?

1618479-Rangers35WerewolfHunterHandPage.jpg.289207592ac737c71eb2ff5fbe14ab23.jpg

... Werewolf Hunter series in Rangers today crazy.gif. Here's an example from Rangers 35 -

Mister Hands/ Thing (Addams) prototype!

Interesting. What were the writers swiping here -- The Beast With Five Fingers? There are many movies with animated, amputated hands but that one has the right timing. What a crazy panel with the hands on the ceiling!

(I can just picture a pair of Dragnet-type deadpan investigators looking over the crime scene.

"It looks like another one, Ben."

"Another what, Joe?"

"Another hand job.")

Jack

1618479-Rangers35WerewolfHunterHandPage.jpg

Were there any other long running horror / supernatural features prior to these ones? How far back do they go?

Now, we all know the claim about Eerie and AitU as the original Horror series but what about recurring horror features in books pre- horror series. What's the word / history on those, PCK?

YELLOWJACKET springs to mind ASAP, I'll have to get back to you on the particular issue, but I believe the story even had a "witch" narrator. gossip.gif

Now, we all know the claim about Eerie and AitU as the original Horror series but what about recurring horror features in books pre- horror series. What's the word / history on those, PCK?

YELLOWJACKET springs to mind ASAP, I'll have to get back to you on the particular issue, but I believe the story even had a "witch" narrator. gossip.gif

The Yellowjackets had a narrator for a horror story with narrator for a several issue sequence.

The Yellowjackets had a narrator for a horror story with narrator for a several issue sequence.

I read somewhere that out of the 10 issues, all but two had a horror story, don't know if they were all hosted by an "Old Witch" or not. I haven't been able to pick up any YELLOWJACKETS at a cheap price to verify any of this. crazy.gif

I read somewhere that out of the 10 issues, all but two had a horror story, don't know if they were all hosted by an "Old Witch" or not. I haven't been able to pick up any YELLOWJACKETS at a cheap price to verify any of this. crazy.gif

I have one of them with the narrator.

I guess it's time to ask Fuelman? Doesn't he have a full run of YellowJacket?

Just so you guys know. I'll be putting up a modest pre-code horror/sci-fi/mystery selling thread later today. Maybe around 7pm EST.

A few Atlas, couple Harvey, a smattering of mostly lower to mid grade stuff. One notable book is a Journey into Unknown Worlds 36 (1)

Very creepy, PKC! 893applaud-thumb.gif

But why is the guy in the background going out for a forward pass?