• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Very creepy, PKC! 893applaud-thumb.gif

But why is the guy in the background going out for a forward pass?

He's carrying a box just like young Gunga -- but he's a mime!

Jack

27_laughing.gif

Very creepy, PKC! 893applaud-thumb.gif

But why is the guy in the background going out for a forward pass?

He's carrying a box just like young Gunga -- but he's a mime!

27_laughing.gif

You know what tipped me off? His mime partner, the woman in the magenta jump suit, is trapped in a glass box.

What I can't figure out is why they're all so HAPPY to find a giant spider delivering her litter on the path in front of them. Are they all grinning, or that just the resolution of the scan fooling me? Maybe they're entomology students working their way through school as street mimes.

Jack

(A bee in his bonnet could explain how the back mime is levitating his hat. Maybe it's Michael!)

Greetings Pre Code fans I just stumbled onto this site and have spent the last hour reading and checking out some great covers .I just had to sign up to tell you guys and gals how much I have enjoyed it and look forward to exchanging some of my favorites with you thumbsup2.gif looks like I have a ton of catching up to do!

Welcome to the Boards! hi.gif

Lots of other good threads -- this forum can keep you busy reading for days!

Should you decide to join in the fun and post some books, here's some hints:

Posting Pics

Thanks for the tips thumbsup2.gif I'll have to get some of my books scanned in before I can post pics so it will probably be a day or two before I post pics, but I know the tips will come in handy! I think I'm going to spend the rest of my time on the board tonight checking out the amazing covers already posted in this thread. I just love this pre code horror stuff it's like finding a box of comics I didn't know I had thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the tips thumbsup2.gif I'll have to get some of my books scanned in before I can post pics so it will probably be a day or two before I post pics, but I know the tips will come in handy! I think I'm going to spend the rest of my time on the board tonight checking out the amazing covers already posted in this thread. I just love this pre code horror stuff it's like finding a box of comics I didn't know I had thumbsup2.gif

Agreed, but don't forget other threads with good pre-code stuff like:

link

link

Greetings Pre Code fans I just stumbled onto this site and have spent the last hour reading and checking out some great covers .I just had to sign up to tell you guys and gals how much I have enjoyed it and look forward to exchanging some of my favorites with you thumbsup2.gif looks like I have a ton of catching up to do!

welcomeani.gif

I did the same thing when I first registered. Just spent days looking over threads with covers posted. Great stuff

Hello & "WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!" hi.gif

Happy to have you here!!! grin.gif

Thanks for the welcome..... Man a person can get lost in all these great threads on here look forward to blowing some dust of this old collector brain and hopefully retaing some of the great info. that is on this board haven't collected in awhile and seems like every thread I read a little more of the old collector is reborn....I'm sure my wife is going to love that thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the welcome..... Man a person can get lost in all these great threads on here look forward to blowing some dust of this old collector brain and hopefully retaing some of the great info. that is on this board haven't collected in awhile and seems like every thread I read a little more of the old collector is reborn....I'm sure my wife is going to love that thumbsup2.gif

Hey Headless,

that is one cool name and Avatar you got there.....nice goin' thumbsup2.gif

Nice looking copy of great book, one of the best covers in the series! When I saw you user name I immediately thought of Spook #22, great L.B. Cole cover of Headless Horsemen. (I don't have a copy. sorry.gif) Welcome to the boards!

Thanks it's my favorite cover in the run. I haven't seen Spook 22 one of these days I gotta get me some of those Gerber Journals and see what all I've been missing .I have seen lots of books posted in this thread I haven't seen before this is just an awesome thread! Thanks to everyone who posted I've enjoyed it greatly

Thanks it's my favorite cover in the run. I haven't seen Spook 22 one of these days I gotta get me some of those Gerber Journals and see what all I've been missing .I have seen lots of books posted in this thread I haven't seen before this is just an awesome thread! Thanks to everyone who posted I've enjoyed it greatly

Twist my arm. wink.gif

SpookDet22.jpg