• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,236 posts in this topic

I am lost...are we talking about the SSS #3 with the Evans cover? Evans didn't do the cover to number SSS #10. I think is what you guys mean. Not trying to be obtuse. lol

Right you are! I went ahead and corrected that! It's right there on the CGC label. SSS #3, not #10.

Don't worry! Tis the season to be obtuse!! lol

th_UNC012-COBB.jpg

Yes, but nice page quality!

I love the Everett story "The New Tenants"....shown in the lower left corner. Gives a completely new meaning to "That guy is a stud!" lol

He reminds me of a landlord I had in college. :mad:

I love SSS's. Can I post my three copies again?

:wishluck: Please do!

Well....not to downplay DC's Church copy....but here is mine. A little higher graded....but not as nice paper and not a ped. I am a pre-code ped ho'. :shy:

I would trade ya!

SSS3.1.jpg

SSS3.2.jpg

Highest graded copy....tied with another Crowley. I have seen both copies...the other one is a 9.2 in a 9.4 slab. Nowhere near as sharp as this one. Bill Hughes will back me up on this as he used to own them both...he sold me the best one and sent the other to a Heritage auction a couple of years ago. I have loved this cover since I saw it in OPG #10 back when I was 12! One of my all-time faves without a doubt....plus I love George Evans.

SSS4.1.jpg

SSS4.2.jpg

Classic Ditko pre-code cover......this is the Northford copy. Love this book......

SSS18.jpg

Edited by Wrightson fan

th_UNC012-COBB.jpg

I love the Everett story "The New Tenants"....shown in the lower left corner. Gives a completely new meaning to "That guy is a stud!" lol

You used his body to prop up the sagging floorboards of your frathouse??? :o

th_UNC012-COBB.jpg

You used his body to prop up the sagging floorboards of your frathouse??? :o

:whistle:

I love SSS's. Can I post my three copies again?

:wishluck: Please do!

Well....not to downplay DC's Church copy....but here is mine. A little higher graded....but not as nice paper and not a ped. I am a pre-code ped ho'. :shy:

I would trade ya!

SSS3.1.jpg

SSS3.2.jpg

Highest graded copy....tied with another Crowley. I have seen both copies...the other one is a 9.2 in a 9.4 slab. Nowhere near as sharp as this one. Bill Hughes will back me up on this as he used to own them both...he sold me the best one and sent the other to a Heritage auction a couple of years ago. I have loved this cover since I saw it in OPG #10 back when I was 12! One of my all-time faves without a doubt....plus I love George Evans.

SSS4.1.jpg

SSS4.2.jpg

Classic Ditko pre-code cover......this is the Northford copy. Love this book......

SSS18.jpg

Another sweet Ditko cover to add to the mix! :cloud9:

StrangeSuspenseStories22.jpg

th_UNC012-COBB.jpg

I had to laugh at the "no witnesses" line - like it wouldn't be public record who sold the house.

th_UNC012-COBB.jpg

I had to laugh at the "no witnesses" line - like it wouldn't be public record who sold the house.

One part terror, one part F-Troop. The "what could possibly go wrong" attitude is a sure sign that bad news is just around the corner.

What the heck, it's almost Halloween!

Menace2.jpg

:headbang:

I just looked over Burton's Blood by Everett. That's a kookie -script by Stan! lol

Received the Marvel Masterwork Menace vol. 1 with Menace 1 - 11 today. Worth every penny: the complete Menace in color in HC for $30 :cloud9:

I just looked over Burton's Blood by Everett. That's a kookie -script by Stan! lol

Received the Marvel Masterwork Menace vol. 1 with Menace 1 - 11 today. Worth every penny: the complete Menace in color in HC for $30 :cloud9:

A very cool post apocolypse story indeed! I'll have to pick that MM up as well!

I have the Strange Tales and JIM ones and they are super nice! (thumbs u