• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,236 posts in this topic

AT030.jpg

JIUW026-RC.jpg

JIUW027-RC.jpg

What a powerful trio of Harry Anderson covers!! :applause:

Been really slack in posting my books lately. Times were tight there for awhile and I went a long time without any purchases (actually still haven't bought since July!!), but I still had a backlog of scans I could have posted. A crime made even more heinous by the fact that October should be the official month of horror comics...

88400.jpg

I've always thought this was a classic cover -- the horror interpretation of the battle of the sexes.

AT029-PET.jpg

AW025-PET.jpg

SPEL023.jpg

And, to end the week, some FA to GD/VG pre-code JIM readers that will soon be moving on to a new home. :cry:

I say keep 'em. :sumo:

:gossip: But send me the above 3 books. :cloud9:

:gossip: This is high grade relative to those JIM readers I just tossed up. lol

Nice book, Keith. Super-bright reds, and the stories are every bit as enjoyable as they would be in a NM+ specimen. And that's what comics are really all about.

(thumbs u

:gossip: This is high grade relative to those JIM readers I just tossed up. lol

Nice book, Keith. Super-bright reds, and the stories are every bit as enjoyable as they would be in a NM+ specimen. And that's what comics are really all about.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I love the seasonal theme of the SSS #3, Darth. Very appropriate for an October issue. And that AIT # 27 may be my favorite Atlas cover of all time. I've spent the last 40 years trying to track down a sharp copy.

:applause:

Edited by zzutak

I love the seasonal theme of the SSS #10, Darth. Very appropriate for an October issue. And that AIT # 27 may be my favorite Atlas cover of all time. I've spent the last 40 years trying to track down a sharp copy.

Dale has one in his latest sale thread. Don't think I've ever seen that book :cloud9:

I love the seasonal theme of the SSS #10, Darth. Very appropriate for an October issue. And that AIT # 27 may be my favorite Atlas cover of all time. I've spent the last 40 years trying to track down a sharp copy.

I consider SSS #3 to be an undervalued PreCode cover and it is one of my favorites so I splurged for a nice copy. Not only is it beautifully drawn by George Evans, but it has a headless man running at a lady. Totally over the top!

I hear you! That AIT #27 is one tough book! I snagged this low grade a couple of weeks ago on ebay for like $37. Ironically, Mr. Roberts just posted one for sale over in the Sales Thread.

Edited by Darth Corgi