• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your Black Covers!

78 posts in this topic

Well, there IS a black cover topic but it is in BA. And could not find a Comics General one having been created in the past year. (Yeah, there is a "black covers" sub-thread in the Yellow COvers thread but it was pretty much all yellow covers. So BA or not, here we go (I hope I hope).

menace9.jpg

Gene Colan! Yeehaaa! hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

thing16.jpg

First CGC book I removed from the slab. Was a 9.2/OW. Yes, this is probably the rarest pre-code horror book in existence! wink.gifgrin.gif

Regardless of the commoness of the book, it remains a real favorite and I really love the Rudy Palais cover. Some writers have called the cover poor or ill-drawn etc. To me it is a knockout.

thing16.jpg

First CGC book I removed from the slab. Was a 9.2/OW. Yes, this is probably the rarest pre-code horror book in existence! wink.gifgrin.gif

Regardless of the commoness of the book, it remains a real favorite and I really love the Rudy Palais cover. Some writers have called the cover poor or ill-drawn etc. To me it is a knockout.

shy.gif

Thing-16-94.jpg