• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Holder (Old) Bubble

13 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about making a trade for a Saga 1 CGC 9.8 Blue Label. The seller has sent me photos, but pointed out a strange bubble on the back of the slab. The seller isn't the first owner, but has had the slab for a while.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? What causes it, and is there any risk to the comic inside? I'd love to make the trade, but have some concerns about the "bubble".

I've purposely left the pictures large to make it easier to see. Thanks for your opinions!

rjWeTJL.jpg

N651KNq.jpg

pHHyNfK.jpg

YH2fNZx.jpg

pgOZp17.jpg

It's called puddling, and has been discussed in detail in comics general. Hopefully someone can provide a link to the discussion.

Thank you. Google helped me find the thread(s) once I knew what it was called. What I don't see is any consensus about long term impact on the book. This book was graded in March 2012. It's been sitting with the puddle for 4.5 years.