• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

Heritage charge of nearly 20% plus nearly another 10% for sales tax makes some of their stuff a hard sell unless you really can't find it somewhere else.

A 30% charge on top of a books value can be a tough sell.

I only buy stuff from them that's pretty damn difficult to find otherwise.

This has been my approach to their auctions for about the last year now. Again, unless like you said it's a top tier HTF

I have done surprisingly well on HA. I agree their fee structure is burdensome, but there are deals to be had. I think they have a slightly stronger high end base buyer than the other houses. That being said, mid grade copies of books can sometimes go very reasonably. After all, what kind of a schlub would want a 6.0 Planet 43 when there is a 9.2 in the same auction?

Good points all around, and don't get me wrong, some of my "From My Cold Dead Hands" books i won through HA, and the 'live' auction experience is second to none. I'm just saying they haven't had a "WOW" large cross selection in large numbers auction i a while for me. C'Link is certainly stepping up. And as a Metro customer from the 90's who can remember when Metro had all the books they now obtain through consignment in their actual stock, the consignments bring back memories. (and regrets :D ) but such is life.... . And yes, i love when HA has a high and mid/lower grade copy of a cool book in the same auction.

Anyone else not receiving email notifications on new (high) bids placed or being outbid ?

Yes was out bid on 4 items and not notified yet.

@comiclink: check your mailserver queue

Just had 10 outbid notifications come in at same time. Most from yesterday.

This has to be one of the best auctions C-link has to offer especially in the GA department. They have really stepped up their GA selection the past couple of signature auctions. Very impressed and big kudos to them since they would usually lag behind HA and CC in the GA section.

Yes, definitely more evidence that the market has really cycled on through to the GA books. I still remember when CL was all about most BA books and some SA books, with hardly anything at all in terms of GA.

It's certainly a good sign for the long term collectors who have big GA collections, but like anything else, don't know how long this phase of the collecting cycle is going to last as the wheel keeps on turning. hm

This has to be one of the best auctions C-link has to offer especially in the GA department. They have really stepped up their GA selection the past couple of signature auctions. Very impressed and big kudos to them since they would usually lag behind HA and CC in the GA section.

Yes, definitely more evidence that the market has really cycled on through to the GA books. I still remember when CL was all about most BA books and some SA books, with hardly anything at all in terms of GA.

It's certainly a good sign for the long term collectors who have big GA collections, but like anything else, don't know how long this phase of the collecting cycle is going to last as the wheel keeps on turning. hm

How long was your nap? :baiting:

How long was your nap? :baiting:

Yeah, just catching a few winks! zzz

I might have slept through their past few auctions because I never found anything of much interest on CL in the past except for overhyped common books, so just never bothered to checked back. :P

The biggest surprise for me, surfing through the listings, was the Superman 199 at almost $6K. Granted I haven't really collected since SA the early 90s, but when the heck did that become a 4-figure book? It isn't something I would pay $600 for let alone $6,000.

Anyone else not receiving email notifications on new (high) bids placed or being outbid ?

Yes was out bid on 4 items and not notified yet.

@comiclink: check your mailserver queue

Just had 10 outbid notifications come in at same time. Most from yesterday.

I'm finally getting bid notifications from yesterday, but no outbid notices yet.

The biggest surprise for me, surfing through the listings, was the Superman 199 at almost $6K. Granted I haven't really collected since SA the early 90s, but when the heck did that become a 4-figure book? It isn't something I would pay $600 for let alone $6,000.

Thats actually a shocking price. :o

... perhaps two "unbeatable" nuclear high bids colliding in cyberspace ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The last 9.6 sold at CLink for $6000 as well. I know, as it was my old copy. :mad:

The last 9.6 sold at CLink for $6000 as well. I know, as it was my old copy. :mad:

D.C. collectors are a breed apart..... and that book has definitely been a grail amongst many of them for decades.... GOD BLESS...

Thoughts on end price for Aman 26? Already 5k

With that PQ and the overall presentation I wouldn't be at all surprised if it brings AT LEAST 15K. I could be way off base I am certainly no expert on centaurs but as a follower of the more obscure I know this is one of the most coveted of the entire publishers inventory and there seems to be quite a few Centaur collectors with deep pockets. This book given its cool factor and rarity would be in my opinion a crown Jewel to most collections. Without a doubt a battle will ensue for this issue as the dogs are already beginning to show a glimpse of their teeth. I would think GAtor would be the man with the answer but I am sure he is keeping that close to the vest I would if I were a contender (who says I'm not) ;) Just Kiddin! (or am I) :D .Not for the faint of heart on this one.

Thoughts on end price for Aman 26? Already 5k

With that PQ and the overall presentation I wouldn't be at all surprised if it brings AT LEAST 15K. I could be way off base I am certainly no expert on centaurs but as a follower of the more obscure I know this is one of the most coveted of the entire publishers inventory and there seems to be quite a few Centaur collectors with deep pockets. This book given its cool factor and rarity would be in my opinion a crown Jewel to most collections. Without a doubt a battle will ensue for this issue as the dogs are already beginning to show a glimpse of their teeth. I would think GAtor would be the man with the answer but I am sure he is keeping that close to the vest I would if I were a contender (who says I'm not) ;) Just Kiddin! (or am I) :D .Not for the faint of heart on this one.

15k would be a mind blowing price....but it wouldn't be the first, or even the tenth, when it comes to mind blowing prices this year.

Definitely a seller's market.

Don't get greedy. :grin:

D.C. collectors are a breed apart..... and that book has definitely been a grail amongst many of them for decades.... GOD BLESS...

I got to dig my copy out and get it graded !

I got to dig my copy out and get it graded !

... when I was working at an LCS and later doing shows in the early 90's, that book flew off the shelf as soon as it came in....... we had a VG copy of AF 15 for less than a grand that collected dust while several 199's turned over..... GOD BLESS....