• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

Thoughts on end price for Aman 26? Already 5k

Well, since a restored G+ 2.5 copy managed to fetch around $6,300 quite a few years ago, I imagine this unrestored 3.0 copy should have no problems hitting at $10 grand. (shrug)

I guess we'll all find out in about 10 days from now. (thumbs u

I don't collect Centaurs but I'm really interested to see what those pull in.

So am i

Yes, indeed! (thumbs u

It's simply amazing to see the entire run of Amazing-Man up there at one time. Makes me wonder if one of the Centaur completists is starting to sell off their long held collection? Are there other Centaur runs being sold off in this auction since I didn't notice any of the Funny Picture Stories or Funny Pages, or is this pretty well it for the Centaurs in this auction? hm

Only thing better than this run would be the complete Church A-Man run (if still together ?) which Chuck's MH catalogue indicates that virtually all copies are in the NM range. :o:cloud9:

Thoughts on end price for Aman 26? Already 5k

Well, since a restored G+ 2.5 copy managed to fetch around $6,300 quite a few years ago, I imagine this unrestored 3.0 copy should have no problems hitting at $10 grand. (shrug)

I guess we'll all find out in about 10 days from now. (thumbs u

Yeah I wasn't even aware of the other sale but still thinking 12k with upside

Only thing better than this run would be the complete Church A-Man run (if still together ?)

It's broken up.

That's too bad then, as it's always good to have the whole run together. Even more so, if it was in my personal collection. lol:takeit:

Are any of the Church Centaur runs still intact, as far as you would know? ???

Only thing better than this run would be the complete Church A-Man run (if still together ?)

It's broken up.

That's too bad then, as it's always good to have the whole run together. Even more so, if it was in my personal collection. lol:takeit:

None that I know of, but Gator would know better than me. KDF, AMF, Funny Pages and A-Man are definitely not together.

It's broken up.

None that I know of, but Gator would know better than me. KDF, AMF, Funny Pages and A-Man are definitely not together.

ive owned or know those that own mile highs from pretty much every longer centaur run

Possible that a 2 issue run might be together somewhere.

Not that I needed more evidence that hard to find gold was on fire....but man. $2k, detached cover and all.

Super tough issue though. I am not sure I have seen another for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201646511037?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Amf 2/1 was one of the last 10 I needed

Luckily a friend came through and sold me a copy earlier this year or I would have had to win this

Not that I needed more evidence that hard to find gold was on fire....but man. $2k, detached cover and all.

Super tough issue though. I am not sure I have seen another for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201646511037?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Amf 2/1 was one of the last 10 I needed

Luckily a friend came through and sold me a copy earlier this year or I would have had to win this

Well, hopefully he was good enough of a friend and you managed to get the book from him for a lot cheaper than what this copy went for. :)

Up until about 4/5 years i was trying to put a high grade(9.0 and above) run of Schomburg airbrush covers from Exciting Comics together because i felt they were very underrated and undervalued but i was not getting anywhere so i gave up. Now i see there is a #61 up for auction at a CGC9.2 :pullhair:. I dont know about others but when i see a book from the 40's in that sort of grade with very decent page quality that isnt a pedigree i find it amazing.

The AC13 has done well so far. Wonder where it will end.

Well, it's been quite a few years since any unrestored copies of this book has shown up in this type of condition. And when they do, they always seem to go for huge multiples to condition guide, as evident by the following:

1) Atlantic City CGC 9.2 copy sold by CC for $185K back in 2011 when the top of guide was only $30K;

2) Billy Wright CGC CGC 5.0 copy sold by HA for over $35K in 2012 when the condition guide price was only around $4,400; and

3) A raw ungraded Poor copy without a back cover sold by HA in one of their recent Sunday auctions for over $14K when the Good 2.0 condition guide price was only $11K. :o

So, actually it would not surprise me at all to see this copy hit into the 6 figure range. Only thing that might keep it down a bit is the minor amount of glue at the bottom of the spine. Definitely old label goodness here in terms of this copy being graded way back in 2000, or years before the CPR game and grade improvement even entered into the minds of potential sellers. hm(thumbs u

The AC13 has done well so far. Wonder where it will end.

Well, it's been quite a few years since any unrestored copies of this book has shown up in this type of condition. And when they do, they always seem to go for huge multiples to condition guide, as evident by the following:

1) Atlantic City CGC 9.2 copy sold by CC for $185K back in 2011 when the top of guide was only $30K;

2) Billy Wright CGC CGC 5.0 copy sold by HA for over $35K in 2012 when the condition guide price was only around $4,400; and

3) A raw ungraded Poor copy without a back cover sold by HA in one of their recent Sunday auctions for over $14K when the Good 2.0 condition guide price was only $11K. :o

So, actually it would not surprise me at all to see this copy hit into the 6 figure range. Only thing that might keep it down a bit is the minor amount of glue at the bottom of the spine. Definitely old label goodness here in terms of this copy being graded way back in 2000, or years before the CPR game and grade improvement even entered into the minds of potential sellers. hm(thumbs u

Most relevant sale was 3/24/2015 on CC for the CGC 8.0 Larson copy of AC13 sold for $102,001

Doubt it breaks the 6 figure barrier, mighty close though.