• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

I'm still the top bidder on 34 books. I may go back and revisit and add or up a couple bids, but I tend to throw down my top bid and forget about it. Ebay is the only place I do last second snipes, it's too much effort in these big auctions.

Thoughts on end price for Aman 26? Already 5k

With that PQ and the overall presentation I wouldn't be at all surprised if it brings AT LEAST 15K. I could be way off base I am certainly no expert on centaurs but as a follower of the more obscure I know this is one of the most coveted of the entire publishers inventory and there seems to be quite a few Centaur collectors with deep pockets. This book given its cool factor and rarity would be in my opinion a crown Jewel to most collections. Without a doubt a battle will ensue for this issue as the dogs are already beginning to show a glimpse of their teeth. I would think GAtor would be the man with the answer but I am sure he is keeping that close to the vest I would if I were a contender (who says I'm not) ;) Just Kiddin! (or am I) :D .Not for the faint of heart on this one.

15k would be a mind blowing price....but it wouldn't be the first, or even the tenth, when it comes to mind blowing prices this year.

Definitely a seller's market.

As a fan of oddities, rarities and cool covers, regardless of grade, I consider five figure prices for presentable low grade copies of extremely rare books less mind-blowing than paying the same for very high grade pedigree copies of less interesting and more common books.

Books A thru to C ending in 2 days ... Lotta nice books in that lot.

Most of the books I want end bidding while I am doing a talk which means I have to place a high bid and pray. :cry:

Well, at least with the CLink system, you don't have to worry about being walked all the way up to your max during extended bidding.

Most of the books I want end bidding while I am doing a talk which means I have to place a high bid and pray. :cry:

Well, at least with the CLink system, you don't have to worry about being walked all the way up to your max during extended bidding.

Agreed that drives me nuts.

Commence Batman punishment bids :devil:

Commence Batman punishment bids :devil:

:gossip: Most of the books I plan to bid on are non-Batman

Thoughts on end price for Aman 26? Already 5k

With that PQ and the overall presentation I wouldn't be at all surprised if it brings AT LEAST 15K. I could be way off base I am certainly no expert on centaurs but as a follower of the more obscure I know this is one of the most coveted of the entire publishers inventory and there seems to be quite a few Centaur collectors with deep pockets. This book given its cool factor and rarity would be in my opinion a crown Jewel to most collections. Without a doubt a battle will ensue for this issue as the dogs are already beginning to show a glimpse of their teeth. I would think GAtor would be the man with the answer but I am sure he is keeping that close to the vest I would if I were a contender (who says I'm not) ;) Just Kiddin! (or am I) :D .Not for the faint of heart on this one.

15k would be a mind blowing price....but it wouldn't be the first, or even the tenth, when it comes to mind blowing prices this year.

Definitely a seller's market.

As a fan of oddities, rarities and cool covers, regardless of grade, I consider five figure prices for presentable low grade copies of extremely rare books less mind-blowing than paying the same for very high grade pedigree copies of less interesting and more common books.

this exactly (thumbs u

Oh I know that

They are really all gorgeous books these All Winners

CL really got some nice books for this auction

Some people were complaining in last months auction they were not getting the 'outbid notification' emails. It wouldnt apply to me as i havent been outbid yet but can anyone confirm that they have been receiving them this time.

Yes I received notifications when my tracking bids were overtaken

I figured, that's why I ended up bidding on about 50 items.

I wrote a visual basic -script for one auction that let me run a macro to go out and grab the current price on all the books I was interested in and put them in the spreadsheet. Takes some setup time. I found just what you would expect, most of the action happens at the end.

I figured, that's why I ended up bidding on about 50 items.

The good thing is that your bids live on indefinitely -- with the hammer price -- in your bid list, even long after the auction page itself has poofed. Very handy, given that CLink doesn't report to GPA.