• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Discounts when shipping USPS?

14 posts in this topic

I normally click and print using a flat rate box, which comes out to $15.80 including signature...I've seen other flat rate boxes sent to me with lower prices or sometimes no prices listed at all, so just wondering if there is another method I should be signing up for.

Thanks!

I normally click and print using a flat rate box, which comes out to $15.80 including signature...I've seen other flat rate boxes sent to me with lower prices or sometimes no prices listed at all, so just wondering if there is another method I should be signing up for.

Thanks!

You should certainly check into non-flat rate options AND regional flat rate.

They can be dramatically cheaper.

Use the Paypal print and ship option and see if it is cheaper. I get the commercial discount rate, which I try to pass on to my comic buyers.

Also, I have seen Paypal/eBay USPS labels with Pitney Bowes ComBasPrice. What would this be for and does it make sense to send it this way?

Are you selling on eBay then shipping something? This is what you would see if you buy shipping through eBay or PayPal.

Also, how much is the item you are shipping? Signature is not only an extra cost, it can be a pain for a buyer if they are not home.

Also, I have seen Paypal/eBay USPS labels with Pitney Bowes ComBasPrice. What would this be for and does it make sense to send it this way?

Are you selling on eBay then shipping something? This is what you would see if you buy shipping through eBay or PayPal.

Also, how much is the item you are shipping? Signature is not only an extra cost, it can be a pain for a buyer if they are not home.

It can also be a pain to have a box left at the door and then have them notify the seller it never arrived because it was stolen.

It can also be a pain to have a box left at the door and then have them notify the seller it never arrived because it was stolen.

Sure. I guess I should clarify that you should ask the buyer if that's what they want. I have a safe place, others don't.

Thanks, guys. As for signature, I typically just add it regardless, as it brings a bit more accountability for both parties. I totally get it can be a pain if the person isn't home, but driving to the local post office vs. having a lost book is preferred, IMO.

Thanks, guys. As for signature, I typically just add it regardless, as it brings a bit more accountability for both parties. I totally get it can be a pain if the person isn't home, but driving to the local post office vs. having a lost book is preferred, IMO.

Oh, absolutely. But some people aren't worried about it getting stolen and then they have to go to the post office. I don't live near where I work, and since the post office keeps banker hours, it leaves very little time to actually get to the post office before it gets sent back. Which has happened to me and then it was lost....forever....apparently.

Go through the Paypal shipping site. Medium Flat Rate box shipping is $11.95.

They do NOT do Regional Rate on there, but Regional Rate is always cheaper than flat rate. From my house in Virginia, the most expensive Regional Rate Box A shipping is $10.77, which is to Zone 8.