• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion on this FF Annual #2

11 posts in this topic

Here's a copy of FF Annual #2 I just bought, which I would grade at around 2.0 - 2.5.

The main defect that you can't see from the scan is the front cover is seperated at the top by about three inches (to about Doom's finger) and at the bottom by about two inches.

This is, however, a copy of the production error with a blank back cover and inside front cover.

Any opinions on what this would be worth? And do you think it's worth slabbing?

Front:

50_3.JPG

Back:

7c_3.JPG

No.

I've sold this book slabbed at 4.0 and a couple of raw VGs as well.

The slabbed one went for less... crazy.gif

The blank back is just the Canadain issue I think? confused.gif

Help me here... gossip.gif

blush.gif

I don't think it brings a premium at all.

In fact I'd rather have the normal issue as I like reading the ads and would feel I was missing something.

You asked for opinions.... confused-smiley-013.gif

wink.gifhi.gifflowerred.gif

Is it for sale?

Well, it's been a couple weeks, and I'm still not quite sure what to do with this. I'm not really in the market for "error editions" (assuming that's what it is).

So I'm gonna sell this guy I guess. Anybody want it for $40 plus actual shipping? PM me. If I don't get any takers, I guess it'll go on eBay.

juggle.gif

Whoa! That looks weird to say the least. To tell you the truth I've never encountered a book like this...Overstree has nothing regarding it...I don't know what to say. The forum seems to think a 1.8-2.0 is the grade. I think I would agree with a 2.0-2.5 actually, given the extensive damage to the front cover.

Whoa! That looks weird to say the least. To tell you the truth I've never encountered a book like this...Overstree has nothing regarding it...I don't know what to say. The forum seems to think a 1.8-2.0 is the grade. I think I would agree with a 2.0-2.5 actually, given the extensive damage to the front cover.

Mile High is aware of it, at least. Here's their price spread of the different grades (for what they call "Annual 2 Blank Cover")

FF Annual 2 Blank Cover

(Appaently there is a similar "Blank Cover" for ASM Annual 1 and Marvel Tales # 1)

Still taking offers for mine, if anyone is interested. juggle.gif

Mile High is aware of it, at least. Here's their price spread of the different grades (for what they call "Annual 2 Blank Cover")

FF Annual 2 Blank Cover

(Appaently there is a similar "Blank Cover" for ASM Annual 1 and Marvel Tales # 1)

Still taking offers for mine, if anyone is interested. juggle.gif

Oh, thanks man.

I don't see why anyone would pay a great deal more for a blank cover. I'd actually pay less.