• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with the census

18 posts in this topic

If you're using the census, you will have to go issue by issue. In addition, Signature Series column will not indicate who signed, just total for that issue.

Try http://cgcdata.com/cgc/totals/

You will still not get who signed what. You'd need Cert #s for that.

GPA has who signed what. List the issue you want and it will show you every grade and who signed it. But it won't give you census numbers, just how much issues sold for. So issues that never sold are not counted.

Thanks, so there is no secondary census that breaks down who signed what.

Appreciate your help.

Valiantman is the only person crunching CGC census data, but to get what you're asking for would require access to CGC's entire graded inventory as this information is stored on one of the secondary fields on the label. Arguably even with access to the database this might be tenuous as it may be on any one of the secondary fields they use for SS.

Hmm it seems that if a book is both signed and restored CGC only puts the book in the restored category on the census. Therefore there could be several more unknown signed books for any issue...unless there were no restored copies. Only issues #71 and #72 have no restored copies ever graded though.

Hmm it seems that if a book is both signed and restored CGC only puts the book in the restored category on the census. Therefore there could be several more unknown signed books for any issue...unless there were no restored copies. Only issues #71 and #72 have no restored copies ever graded though.

I used to know census numbers of certain titles....sigh.

With the exception of SS books, I take the census with a grain of salt. Aged only knows how many books have been cracked out and reslabbed

Had to be somewhere without a signal tonight... Congrats man... I was eying a couple of others from that CC offering. Glad to see you scored that one though.

Is there a way to quickly determine how many GA Captain America's are signed by Simon and Stan Lee?

Accumulating many of the Simon/Lee signed books HERE, there is a long way to go so if you've got 'em, add 'em!

I heart this one posted by MedicAR

0511122209281.jpg

Thanks, so there is no secondary census that breaks down who signed what.

Appreciate your help.

Valiantman is the only person crunching CGC census data, but to get what you're asking for would require access to CGC's entire graded inventory as this information is stored on one of the secondary fields on the label. Arguably even with access to the database this might be tenuous as it may be on any one of the secondary fields they use for SS.

Correct, there is no census data about who did the signing.

To see the census data for all Golden Age Captain America books on one page, it's here:

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Captain:America:/comicyearstart/1941/comicyearend/1955/label/all/

Totals are at the bottom. 116 signature series books.

That is one of the best SS books in the world. If I were CGC, I would have it in all of my adverts. The book presents amazingly well for the grade. The signatures are small and perfect, in both form and placement. The cover image is not disrupted by the signatures. And it is four legends of the industry.

That is one of the best SS books in the world. If I were CGC, I would have it in all of my adverts. The book presents amazingly well for the grade. The signatures are small and perfect, in both form and placement. The cover image is not disrupted by the signatures. And it is four legends of the industry.

+1

+1

+1