• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 139

12 posts in this topic

8.0 all day, if not higher.

The 2 small tears (perforations, technically) along the center of the spine above the top staple are really the only signifigant defects.Not referring to the bindery tear at the top of the spine, although some of the severity of that bindery tear would not stem from production i.e. a byproduct of stacking.

Light to moderate spine ticks,staple stresswear....slight spine roll from stacking.....paper quality looks above average, in spite of the oxidation shadow on the top of the BC.

Kinda sucks about the roll. Between the oxidation of the paper and the roll, that is what I'd say caused the 2 tears above the top staple.If not for those tears, you could have CCS knock this book to upwards of a 9.2/9.4.

Still, would likely get a bump if pressed.

If you sell this book raw, I'd price it at what 8.0 slabs sell for.Slabbed, price it higher.

Next to Blackhawk #133.....???....this book is one of the last handful of DC ten center keys that are still undervalued.