• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IGB's Tec 27 9.6

66 posts in this topic

My first thought looking at those pictures was how it looks completely fake or like some modern reprint. Then seeing how much restoration it has had, it is fake. Talk about ruining a comic. might as well of just tossed it in the trash and remade an entirely new one, same thing. Why people want some fake fixed up comic is beyond me.

Ugh. The more I see these books the more I dislike them. Doesn't matter if it's GA or SA. They look unnatural.

It's like painting over a Renoir and calling it great.

Looks like a reprint and the original is so far buried under the "paint" I just don't get the market.

I can see meeting people in the middle with regards to resto. on books but this is way extreme.

If they continue to make money on these more power to them I just wonder if it doesn't create long term problems in the market.

Somebody is buying them (shrug)

What would you be willing to spend on this copy of Detective 27?

i would only pay cover less value.

I wonder if the interior feels even close to natural. I'd be shocked if they weren't heavily lightened.

Somebody is buying them (shrug)

What would you be willing to spend on this copy of Detective 27?

i would only pay cover less value.

I wonder if the interior feels even close to natural. I'd be shocked if they weren't heavily lightened.

unknown

I heard they went around Wizard world Chicago and showed some people their work but I was not one of the chosen to view it

Weird, it looks like some sort of evil clone. Just out of curiosity, is there a certain percentage of the original book that needs to be present to count as restoration? Or could you take a single, dog-eared original page and keep adding reproduced pieces and pages to it until you created a complete, "restored" comic?