• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IGB's Tec 27 9.6

66 posts in this topic

Ugh. Such a waste. Didn't even get noted as "TRIMMED" either.

This really is a shame - and I wouldn't be surprised if these books do a disservice to the entire market for restored books in the long run. These books may just cause some people to eliminate the gray area and pick a side, opting only for blue labels due to the slippery slope IGB is presenting.

I just don't know how anyone could get excited about owning this book. It simply doesn't look authentic. I'd rather have a bonafide complete low-grade beater than this Frankenstein mess of a book.

It may look better now than in it's previous restored state, but they caused irreparable harm to the book in the process when they intentionally shredded the edges so they could improve the results of their leafcasting. :(

Judging by their ComicConnect results, at 100K it would find several buyers.

I have to wonder how many of these buyers are interested in owning a Tec 27 for their collection vs buyers thinking it's a good investment and they'll get rich rewards down the road (they hope).

I mean that as a open question since although I would guess mostly investors looking for a high return are the buyers there may very well be more collectors happy to own this type of tammy faye baker type of book than I thought possible.

Yes, but no way would they sell it for only $100K when it cost them over $107K to buy the original restored 6.5 copy of the book to work on, let along the additional couple hundred of hours of work they probably had to put into the book to get it up to a 9.6 restored grade. :P

Yes, but no way would they sell it for only $100K when it cost them over $107K to buy the original restored 6.5 copy of the book to work on

They did not buy it from HA. The book reached their hands much later. It was sold as the owner needed the money for the start of his business project. The now IGB Tec 35 9.8 came from same source.

I'm not saying they'd sell at 100K, I'm saying that is what it would probably end at, at auction.

I have to wonder how many of these buyers are interested in owning a Tec 27 for their collection vs buyers thinking it's a good investment and they'll get rich rewards down the road (they hope).

I believe the CC winners buy these IGB books for their collections and not for investment. They likely just want a book that "looks good", has a high numerical grade and don't care if it takes Extensive resto to get it.

With the exception of the Tec 33 9.4, I have not seen a single GA key they produced listed again.