• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade Marvel and the Census

26 posts in this topic

All I can say about that JIM 109 sale is "Holy greenbacks, Batman!" Not only could that book be purchased from Brent's site for the past 5 months, but it probably could have been gotten for an offer 20-25% below the E-Bay BIN price. I don't think a 112 with its far more desirable cover and classic battle match-up has ever commanded such a price. Finally, while the book is a nice looking Circle 8 copy of a tough book, and has that lovable "9.4" on the top of the slab, but it does not have the nice cover registration one would expect to command a premium price.

Congrats to Brent for the terrific auction!

JIM = #109

Someone clearly agrees that this is a scarce book in 9.4, because they just hit the $5600 BIN on Qualitycomix`s 9.4 copy on eBay. Brent must be doing his happy dance right about now. I`m not familiar with the buyer, hth-1977.

It will be interesting to see what kinds of prices he gets for the rest of the JIM run he`s got up on eBay right now.

Geez - Loweez, that is really something. 893applaud-thumb.gif i wouldn't have thought that the book would sell at that level..........

was there more than one Circle 8 #109?? i ask because GPA has a circle 8 in 9.2 selling a couple years ago, i believe.

Lot of "Did Not Meet Reserves" on the rest of the auctions, maybe only 2 others sold at auction. Have JIM prices finally stabilized, or were Brent's prices simply that over the top? I don't know how the highest bids for the DNMRs matched up to recently recorded prices.

The $5600 still makes me shake my head.