• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White Spine??

7 posts in this topic

I recently bought a copy of Batman 638 from eBay. The seller had it listed at a 9.6, and it looked pretty good (you can see it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-638-2005-DC-COMICS-1st-PRINT-JASON-TODD-REVEALED-AS-RED-HOOD-NM-HTF-HOT-/232059029007?hash=item3607cbc60f:g:7WcAAOSwawpXviUN) I noticed, however that there were white marks on the spine. I asked the seller and he said there was nothing there so I assumed it was just in the photo.

Upon receiving it today I can clearly see a white line going down the spine. I've noticed this same feature on other comics that I've bought that were supposed to be NM. I have tried to look up this issue before but I don't know what to call it.

So, what is this defect called? And how much does it affect the grade? I personally find it unappealing but I don't know if this is acceptable for a 9.6. Should I return it?

IMG_4354_zpsfcax8hbf.jpg

IMG_4355_zpswabmzjea.jpg