• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Even A Man Who Is Pure In Heart...

30 posts in this topic

...and says his prayers by night.

May become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms

and the autumn moon is bright.

When I was a kid in the 50's and Shock Theater showed, on televlsion, most of the Universal Horror films, the one that scared me to death but also proved irrestible was THE WOLF MAN. (an interesting side note - Lon CHaney Jr. was the only actor to play all of the Universal Monsters: Mummy, Wolf Man, Frankenstein Monster and Dracula (or maybe it was his Son - the debate on that rages on).

Anyway, let's see some werewolf covers! Here is one to start with:

aston17.jpg

Here's one of my favorites courtesy of Lou Cameron:

(Disclaimer: posted earlier)

784842-Beyond1.jpg

784842-Beyond1.jpg.a6c362bde8058f78288bcb158f48ba72.jpg

Another guy going to the dogs...

784858-Beware5.jpg

784858-Beware5.jpg.a9100bb4e7629712fbf5134e74ff6b4c.jpg

YAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::Rats! Where is the TP!:: grin.gif

893whatthe.gif This what happens when you squeeze the Charmin???

Jeeze Adam - even though I really once had about 80% or more of all pre-code horror - that BEWARE 5 does not make an impression in my memory. Now it DOES make an impression on me as a 2-cool cover I have yet to see.

blush.gif

Jeeze Adam - even though I really once had about 80% or more of all pre-code horror - that BEWARE 5 does not make an impression in my memory. Now it DOES make an impression on me as a 2-cool cover I have yet to see.

blush.gif

Thanks, Pov. I do think it's overlooked because it's not that impressive in Gerber. Seen actual size, in person it creates a wonderful mood. I thoroughly enjoyed pulling it out to scan it.

I'll be interested to see what folks post here. I've not found that many cool werewolf covers compared to say mummy or skeleton covers.

Can't have too many Everett covers!

(Disclaimer: re-post)

784921-Menace3.jpg

784921-Menace3.jpg.af0b7f8a72e2d5d7e18d065fd5fd7a72.jpg

Sorry about the small image here, but I'm sure you guys have all seen this book. It's got to be the most common TFTC book in existance. Even dealers that don't have any EC's have this book:

tal1.347a.jpg

Not my copy, but I love this cover. Definitely swiped from the Wolfman as he appeared in ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN.

837_4_004.jpg

Not my copy, but I love this cover. Definitely swiped from the Wolfman as he appeared in ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN.

837_4_004.jpg

Interesting observation, DD. Now I see it. Whenever I saw this book something niggled at me. It has that late wolf man makeup look! hail.gif

Great werewolf covers! thumbsup2.gif

But no werewolf cover thread is complete without Marvel Spotlight #2. Yeah, I know it's from 1972, but so what. tongue.gif

spotlight.jpg

Here's an unusual werewolf cover that I'd like to own one day.... House of Mystery #1. hail.gif

791_4_001.jpg