• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylites 2 Question

35 posts in this topic

Do you use mylite 2/fullbacks even for the 100-pagers, or do you store them some other way? I always wonder about what works best for avoiding spine damage.
All my 100 pagers go in mylars.

I use GA mylites and full-baks...sometimes 2 boards. tongue.gif

Do you use mylite 2/fullbacks even for the 100-pagers, or do you store them some other way? I always wonder about what works best for avoiding spine damage.

What kind? with a backing board? I would think 100 pagers would be a really tight fit in the mylar.

I am one of probably very few people who use the 6.75 inch fullback, as I use 7.75 inch mylars. I've never had a problem with them and I like to maintain consistency so I will continue to do this all future books. confused-smiley-013.gif

makes sense. Why 2 boards? to support the bigger book?

Mine get better grades! poke2.gif

makes sense. Why 2 boards? to support the bigger book?

Yep, basically to keep the board from bending in "around" the 100-pager. I am only collecting the first 10 issues though, so it's not like I'm using up dozens of extra boards (and some of mine are already slabbed so one board is enough on those).

Maybe, but just think of the grades you would have received if you always used 2 boards like me!! 27_laughing.gif

Maybe, but just think of the grades you would have received if you always used 2 boards like me!! 27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I use standard-sized Mylite2s with a halfback for the 100 pagers, and have had no difficulty there. Full-back makes for too tight of a squeeze, but the half-back does the trick. I don't place the book as close to the bottom of the bag as I would other books. But they seem to fit just fine. Haven't had any problems with books bending over time, either.

Yeah, I've been upgrading most of my late 70's and early 80's books from polybag to mylites, and for most of 'em I've been using halfbacks (as my orders to comicsupply will attest) as they're generally not worth more than $10 to $15 a piece, at most. But for the nicer stuff (1975 and earlier, generally speaking) I'd definitely go with a fullback. thumbsup2.gif

Mylite2 is a great Bag, especially when the cost to value is considered. You can fold over the flap, or as I know Pov does and I do as well. Just fold to the bad and then pinch the bag like a ziplock and create a seam at the top of the bag. There is a space there, however your book lays flatter and when stacked vertically in a box its not going anywhere.

I concur with Mike on the 100s use a GA Mylar.

I don't understand why fullbacks are made 1/4" shorter than the corresponding

mylites. What is the benefit? Why not make them the same height for an

ideal fit? Even if the tolerances made the board come out a little taller, what's

the harm? The flap just gets folded over it anyway. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't understand why fullbacks are made 1/4" shorter than the corresponding

mylites. What is the benefit? Why not make them the same height for an

ideal fit? Even if the tolerances made the board come out a little taller, what's

the harm? The flap just gets folded over it anyway. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't know, but it sure does [#@$%!!!] me off.

Me too! Christo_pull_hair.gif So much so that I'm thinking of resorting to using the 1-mil

Bill Cole Arklites in conjunction with the Gerber Fullbacks. These two are

the exact same height of 10 1/2"!

Too bad though as I would really prefer the 2-mil product. The alternative is

to get the fullbacks custom made, but I need a lot of them and it's considerably pricier. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Me too! Christo_pull_hair.gif So much so that I'm thinking of resorting to using the 1-mil

Bill Cole Arklites in conjunction with the Gerber Fullbacks. These two are

the exact same height of 10 1/2"!

Too bad though as I would really prefer the 2-mil product. The alternative is

to get the fullbacks custom made, but I need a lot of them and it's considerably pricier. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Comicsupply was talking about getting a ton of custom backs made for the mylite 2s and selling them on his site. We will have to see what happens. Ideally I would like to use BCE 4 mil Time-Loks, but they are rediculously expensive.