• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 1 CGC 1.0

5 posts in this topic

This might already be posted somewhere else but look at this insane price. OMFG!!! Restored label too!

Amazing Spidey 1

I don't think that the existence of minor restoration really matters when you get to a 1.0 book. At 1.0, the book has so many problems that a little bit of ink on the cover makes no difference and it clearly didn't help the grade.

I can't believe I had a chance to get a VG/VG+ copy for about a grand a few years ago and balked.

foreheadslap.gif

Around 1987 or so I turned down a VF+ ASM 1 at around 70% of guide (Around $600-700) because it didn't meet my NM standards. I did buy a bunch of pre-50 ASM, and other early Marvels that are now CGC 9.0-9.4, but passing on several very early key SA issues because they weren't quite good enough is something I'll never forget. Whodathunk

This might already be posted somewhere else but look at this insane price. OMFG!!! Restored label too!

Amazing Spidey 1

I don't think that the existence of minor restoration really matters when you get to a 1.0 book. At 1.0, the book has so many problems that a little bit of ink on the cover makes no difference and it clearly didn't help the grade.

Exactly. Black marker on the spine, or tape on the cover are the least of your concerns on a 1.0 comic.