• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the ? Am I missing something? DD 148 price variant

30 posts in this topic

The last one sold from the KDK99 hoard in Florida for 79.33 about a month ago.

Yup, pretty sure I was the buyer.

It is definitely the Heritage book as the red mark in the top left hand corner is identical.

Speaking of idiotic completists, check out my WWW site if you have any Wolverine, Daredevil, or Amazing Spider-Man collections.

http://home.comcast.net/~taste_of_h8red/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

I am not tracking buyers (though I know others that do)---you got all three right? I thought the price was high then, but now looks like a sweet deal.

I honestly hope this price shakes a few more loose.

Closing bid $405 insane.gifscrewy.giffrustrated.gif

X-Men 105 at $1026.01 893whatthe.gif missinghubcaps must really want this one. Does anyone think it could go any higher popcorn.gif will larstrue up his bid ?

frown.gif I was upset that I had to pay about $250 for mine, but it doesn't seem that bad now smile.gif.

gossip.gif Does anyone know who 150135thave is? Looks like a new guy looking to put together a variant set as fast as posible, or maybe a shill confused-smiley-013.gif .

It only takes two bidders to make the prices go nuts on these comics, and It off to the races again, just glad I am not in on this one.

What about that Star Wars Lot anyone think it will meet reserve 893whatthe.gif

X-Men 105 at $1026.01 893whatthe.gif missinghubcaps must really want this one. Does anyone think it could go any higher popcorn.gif will larstrue up his bid ?

stupid for sure

frown.gif I was upset that I had to pay about $250 for mine, but it doesn't seem that bad now smile.gif.

actually $250 seems crazy to me. Robert got his for $49, and tell everyone what your 107 cost just for comparison.....

gossip.gif Does anyone know who 150135thave is? Looks like a new guy looking to put together a variant set as fast as posible, or maybe a shill confused-smiley-013.gif .

who knows, but definately seems to have more money than brains. doubt he is a shill unless he is bidding on other 35's to cover his shilling. let's see if he wins anything. anyhow he can make other sellers happy just by outbidding me

What about that Star Wars Lot anyone think it will meet reserve 893whatthe.gifno, but I give people too much credit

actually $250 seems crazy to me. Robert got his for $49, and tell everyone what your 107 cost just for comparison.....

Yea I guess it was a little crazy in fact most of my variant buying over the last few years was nuts mainly because I had to go up against Bonas and or Daffy on nearly every one. I know now if I would have been wise about it and just let Bonas have what he wanted I still would have had a nice collection and saved thousands of dollars. But in my defense when I first started collecting these I was under the inpression that they were much rarer than they actually are, in fact I think that less than half of them had even been proven to exist at the that time.

I still think they are very rare and worth much more than the normal priced ones but some of these recent auctions have got me shaking my head to confused-smiley-013.gif.

Oh and I got my X-Men #107 for $19.95 at a comic shop and it was marked as a price variant I guess they priced it by overstreet grin.gif, needless to say I was very happy to find it.

Oh and I got my X-Men #107 for $19.95 at a comic shop and it was marked as a price variant I guess they priced it by overstreet grin.gif, needless to say I was very happy to find it.

I love that story.

You should tell it every time an X-men variant comes up for sale.

That is what keeps me hunting!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Yea, I like those stories too. In an effort to find Amazing Spider-Man Mark Jeweler insert copies, I was browsing a LCS's long boxes. I noticed that several ASM issues had the insert. The owner, whom I despise, has a strict policy about customers opening comics that are bagged, which I needed to do to verify the presence of the insert. His policy is that he opens them. Suffice it to say, that I was quite pleased when I forced him to open about 30 issues. Around 10 of them had the insert and he was selling them cheaply. He hates those types of issues on account of the inserts. He thinks they detract from the comic and sees no collectability in them at all. Me, of course, being the insufficiently_thoughtful_person completist was VERY happy to buy them so cheaply. In fact, is there anyone that needs MJ insert copies of other titles? I was considering returning and buying the other titles that had them. It would give me the opportunity to make him open some more copies. yay.gif

I love that story.

You should tell it every time an X-men variant comes up for sale.

That is what keeps me hunting!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I bought 20 35 centers last summer at a store in Gatlin, Tennessee. Paid strict 2004 Overstreet for all of them. I love stupid stores.

Jbud gossip.gif The prize piece of your collection, Black Goliath 1-5, is not really complete until you have the 30 centers as well gossip.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gifyeahok.gif Can't wait till Chicago (are you going) it will be like meeting Newman - hellllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo DARTH.