• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eerie Publications Lithograph Prints of Original Cover Art

7 posts in this topic

I saw a couple threads posted so far, with questions and curiousity surrounding the rare and hard to find Eerie Publications prints. Unfortunetly I do not have any answers to the questions of where they came from or what company was issueing them. But what I do offer is a small collection of them that I recently came across. The owner had no further information of where they came from. Still remains to be an unsolved mystery in the nostalgia world of Eerie Pub...

I will post a few here as I get Pictures taken. I have 9 of them, a few were from the Crime Does not Pay and the Great West books that M.F. Publishing handled.

img23970rn.jpg

img23984nz.jpg

This one is from the Great West Series of books by MF Publishing. Many of them still contained gruesome covers of torture and violence, though the illustrated interior art was more limited than the titles under Eerie pub...

img24024mk.jpg

And another from thier Crime Doesnt Pay Series. I personally have not even seen the Mag that has this cover, not sure if it even exists or was printed? None the less, I have had the darndest time getting any of these issues. Cool Cover though.

img23993xq.jpg

-bounty

Very cool Bounty!

As much of a horror fan that I am, I have to say the Western print with the indian torture is my fav and the most shocking. The tiny bit of intestine sticking out...Brrr!

What size are these? Are they on paper or backed up on some type of board?

If these were mine they would be framed and displayed (Prehaps in the dining room!) insane.gif

If these were mine they would be framed and displayed (Prehaps in the dining room!) insane.gif

insane.gif By the way Jay, you dont happen to live in Texas, own a family Gas Station/BBQ Pit and like chainsaws do you? 27_laughing.gif

They are definitely worth framing! I was thinking about doing so and putting them in my office at work, but probably would not be appropriate... 893whatthe.gif

I'm not sure the true definition of a Lithograph so I'm not sure if these are actually them. They almost look like large HQ Printings of the Original ART. Which during the 70's/80's must have been real expensive.

They are on pretty flimsy paper. Definitely not cardstock, they would not be able to stand up on their own if propped up against a wall. There are no markings on the backs whatsoever. Just blank paper.

At the moment I do not have them in front of me. But I would say that they are about 11" x 14". Definitely larger than 8"x10". It looks like most of these were from the 1970+ Era of these. I wonder if any of the 1966-1969 covers were repro'd like this? Since those had some of the "best" insane.gif cover art.

I'll see if I can throw a few more up here later tonight.

-bounty

I remember a couple years ago a seller on eBay who had TONS of these, but was wanting upwards of $70 for each one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought after awhile that it must have been a fluke since nobody seemed to remember such a thing, or had ever even saw anything similar.

Thanks Bounty, my brain cells now feel vindicated! grin.gif

I remember a couple years ago a seller on eBay who had TONS of these, but was wanting upwards of $70 for each one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought after awhile that it must have been a fluke since nobody seemed to remember such a thing, or had ever even saw anything similar.

Thanks Bounty, my brain cells now feel vindicated! grin.gif

Keith I assume that this seller had pics of his/her prints? I would be curious to know if any were from the Pre 1971 Era..Do you recall? There were some great covers in the 1969 series of Eerie Pub that I probably would have shelled even $70 big ones for. Hmmm.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's a couple more cool ones that I took pictures of tonight...

img23969fs.jpg

img24038ee.jpg

img24011fu.jpg

Unfortunately here are my last 2...I would have loved to keep posting these forever! None the less I'm sure as many of you are happy to see them, I was just as suprised when I ran across them. And have been very fortunate with my relentless searching of these types of items. One thing that I noticed is that when a bright light is placed on them, they really light up. I should consider framing them at some point and get a nice dedicated light for them on the wall... insane.gif

One other thing to note. You will notice that many of these prints have the art featured to the right of the print. Of course Eerie was notorius for having large amounts of "eye grabbers" on the left pane of the book. So it is interesting to see them without this text.

img24048le.jpg

img24058eq.jpg

-bounty