• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST ACQUIRED THESE FROM OO...

86 posts in this topic

Love em all. Just grade them price them and list them up. You'll have a sales thread to die for. If you sell all the best books early by pm, the thread will not have near the steam.

Great find and congratulations.

Love em all. Just grade them price them and list them up. You'll have a sales thread to die for. If you sell all the best books early by pm, the thread will not have near the steam.

Grade them...CHECK

List them...CHECK

Price them...Aye, thar be the rub. Not much info out there on these books in these grades (which I'm guessing are more or less in the 3.0 to 5.0 range...without a press, that is).

hm...what to do...Open to suggestions

(BTW, I've sold on these boards many a time, but these books have me in a bit of a pickle...)

I agree. Now that you have shown them and plan to list them here, sell them ALL here. Don't let somebody try to talk you into a side deal. If you do, there will be no "sizzle" left in your sales thread. As far as pricing goes, Most of these are not super rare. Don't get greedy especially if you got a good deal on them. Prices 'em right and they will all fly out. Just let us all know when you plan to list 'em and everybody has a fair chance.

I suppose you could auction them, either here on the boards or elsewhere. Let the market decide their value. Some hammer prices will disappoint, while others will surprise.

I suppose you could auction them, either here on the boards or elsewhere. Let the market decide their value. Some hammer prices will disappoint, while others will surprise.

My impression was auctions were against the rules here...?

I'll throw out another wrinkle: I was prepared to get some of these (apologies to all you anti-pressers) pressed, then CGC'd - in order to up their sale/price potential. Now, I'd love to sell these here on the boards because, well...you're my fellow boardies. But I'm assuming many/most of you would prefer to get the books now and deal with potential pressing/grading on your own? Of course I can assure their being 100% complete (or not), and am usually within a half grade of CGC.

So...sell raw?

Do what you want but I can say that in my case my offer for the book I am interested in would be a fair offer. :foryou:

I'll throw out another wrinkle: I was prepared to get some of these (apologies to all you anti-pressers) pressed, then CGC'd - in order to up their sale/price potential. Now, I'd love to sell these here on the boards because, well...you're my fellow boardies. But I'm assuming many/most of you would prefer to get the books now and deal with potential pressing/grading on your own? Of course I can assure their being 100% complete (or not), and am usually within a half grade of CGC.

So...sell raw?

Raw and not pressed would be loved by most i think

So...sell raw?

+1. Indeed. IMO, they are no longer OO if they are pressed.

BTW, is Overstreet no longer relevant for pricing on GA books ?

So...sell raw?

+1. Indeed. IMO, they are no longer OO if they are pressed.

BTW, is Overstreet no longer relevant for pricing on GA books ?

Should I rely on OSPG? GPA has very little on most save high-grade peds

For the most part, Overstreet would be fair on most. Some are worth a little less and some a little more. You probably used Overstreet when you bought them unless you got real lucky. I would not press these. As has been said, there goes the "original owner" factor.

If you want to get top dollar you should probably just auction them. Sadly the "bay" would get you the best exposure. Not all big dollar guys are on these boards.

The good ones will go well and the others probably won't. If you got lucky, price 'em fair here and just sell 'em. I will say this, now that you have "pimped" them on the boards, if any of the "good ones" don't show up in your sales thread, we will know what happened. I for one, don't like to buy "sloppy seconds" and might not even buy any.

If you let the market decide, you might be surprised. A so called "high offer" from a PM might be a whole lot less that you might think.

Be interested to see what happens. There are a few I like but I am willing to take my chances and put my money where my mouth is. If I see you are "pimping" them here and selling under the table, I'm done...

Not that I'm aware of. bio-rupp held a 3 day auction for a Black Lightning #1 CGC 9.6 that just ended a few days ago.

I'll make the next step when I have the books in hand.

(shrug) You don't have the books yet ? You specifically said you graded them. Even your title says 'just acquired'. I'm sorry, I hope I am wrong, but this thread has a lot of red flags.

Do what you want but I can say that in my case my offer for the book I am interested in would be a fair offer. :foryou:

Does everyone fall for that little flower emoji?

I'll make the next step when I have the books in hand.

(shrug) You don't have the books yet ? You specifically said you graded them. Even your title says 'just acquired'. I'm sorry, I hope I am wrong, but this thread has a lot of red flags.

My second post said I did not yet have them. I never said I graded them.

Do some research and check me out. Or bow out.

Ask Vintage Roy, Filter or the Metro guys about me.

I'll have the books soon.

First post

I just acquired these from the OO.

Second post

I don't have them in hand yet, but as soon as they're in I'll re-post the list with my opinion about grades.

Well it was a little confusing, but I don't see any red flags.

OK, now that I've bailed you out, how about a favor? Post them for sale about midnight PDT, when all the east coast and midwest guys are beddy-bye, so I can scoop up all the books I want at my leisure... ;)

Does everyone fall for that little flower emoji?

Everyone, Thoth, everyone..... :foryou: