• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Needing some help, please. :)

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine recently inherited some comics from his grandfather. I honestly know very little about modern books, but I thought I would post here to see if anyone can see anything of value.

Feel free to criticize my lack of modern comic knowledge. lol

Any help is very much appreciated! :foryou:

0Hze98Fh.jpg

You might be able to package up the 5 Excal/X-men/factor/wolverine hologram books into a lot with a $9.99 opening bid, but yeah, other than the deadpool i don't see much there. if selling on ebay I'd put the 2099 books in separate lots between x-men and GR (not even sure if any of those are ashley wood issues, which people buy occasionally), maybe put all the rest together in one lot (Spiderman 2099 sells occasionally)

Unfortunately, I personally wouldn't waste my time splitting up and selling that lot, I don't see anything that is exceptional. Of course, one person's not worth their time is another person's weekend project.

+1

sell as one lot

the deadpool should really be on its own, but yeah, for the rest it won't make much of a difference as your friend i assume is not really a comic seller, so trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of it will be wiped out by the hassle of shipping 2 or 3 lots

but if you have the deadpool in there basically people will just be buying the deadpool and won't attribute any value in their bids to the other junk. of course, it depends on the condition. that's like a $15-$20 item in nice shape last i looked, but if beat up, not so much

That's a pretty young grandfather if these are mainly 1990's books.

I'd put an estimated value of them at $50 as a lot.

If you saw any were top grade and worth grading, maybe more, but the cost to grade a book after all fees is about $25-35 per book, so probably isn't worth it, since your best book is that Deadpool issue which at a CGC 9.8 is probably at best $100.

Maybe you consider 'em family heirlooms than in the next century after they've been handed down to your great great great grandchildren in the year 2299, when that "Spider-man 2099" issue looks vintage they could be worth a bit more...