• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noted Art Colelctor and write Bob Weinberg died

7 posts in this topic

For those who haven't heard the incredibly multi-talented Bob Weinberg died yesterday. He was one of the people involved with the Chicago Comicon from the first year and a partner for much of its run. I have had his pulp and more important science fiction art checklists on my desk since they were published years ago. He was a writer-in comics (various Xmen related titles) and novels

He did a host of sci-fi and horror related illustration books and was one of the first publishers of pulp reprints and fanzines in the 1970s.

He sold me my first science fiction painting (which still hangs on my wall) over 40 years ago. But mostly he was a friend someone I have known forever and is now gone - one of those holes that is not going not to be refilled.

But he will be remembered every time.I pass a piece he once owned.

And if you collect early sci-fi art you need to own his index which I think is stitl available in a digital format.