• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new California law for signed memorabilia

30 posts in this topic

Good...maybe we will see some SS cut down.

I know I am in a minority but if I am trying to by "Book A" and all I can afford is a .5, I do not need some greedy ragamuffin trying to squeeze more money out of their .5 by getting it signed and then selling it. Especially if there are not many .5s of "Book A" on the market.

sort of. i don't feel like researching it. RMA is in california and is an amateur legal scholar, so he probably knows.

He should have posted in this thread by now...timber72, where are you? (That has to be him in the comments section, right?)

I would hope that having a SS encapsulated book would qualify as a certificate of authenticity. Does anyone know the language/legalize that CGC puts on SS books? I would imagine it would be relatively easy to incorporate a CA into the label for these books, and provide some sort of additional certificate to be packaged with the book. The bigger issue is the thousands of existing SS books that would not have this new language on the label.

Will this stop auction sites from offering SS slabs? Maybe fresh from signing books will have no problems but any slabs that have been passed around would be a no go now.

The sealed nature of the slab may count for something, if it is considered anti tampering.