• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con 2016 board dinner

18 posts in this topic

Since there seems to be plenty of interest I figured I'd get a thread up so we don't take over the other one.

If you're interested let me know and I'll add your name to the list so we can get a head count for reservations if needed.

I'm also open to a discussion of a place. I know there are plenty of good ones in SA, and as a non-local I'll trust the locals to hash this out.

I'm guessing Saturday night is best, but I'd be open to arguments for Friday if that suits everyone.

Current list

mysterio

Monster's Lair Comics

THB

Gsims718

Bubbagump + ?

MYNAMEISLEGION

Weird Paper + Abel

I'm sure Weird Paper and I, and maybe Abel can be there. is BlackCat going to be there? and Richard Evans will be in town.

Boyd (Black Cat) will be there, I'm pretty sure he'd attend the dinner but waiting until I hear from him. It'd be great if Richard came along as well.

I'll put you guys on the list!

I'm only going for Friday this year. If anybody is around and wants to do lunch or grab a drink at some point, let me know.

Saturday is definitely out for me.

Glad we'll at least see you on Friday. I have no idea what's going on Friday night, but make sure you stop by and we can see what's up.

Ok, my suggestion is Pappadeaux on Saturday night, with drinks someplace (Pat O'Brien's if I got my way) Friday evening. Any objections to this plan? Can anyone see if Pappas takes reservations for large parties on Saturday?

Ok, my suggestion is Pappadeaux on Saturday night, with drinks someplace (Pat O'Brien's if I got my way) Friday evening. Any objections to this plan? Can anyone see if Pappas takes reservations for large parties on Saturday?
Are you dead set on Saturday? It's always a longer day with people being more tired. I will go either day, but like Friday better. I don't think Pappadeaux takes reservations.

Are you dead set on Saturday? It's always a longer day with people being more tired. I will go either day, but like Friday better. I don't think Pappadeaux takes reservations.

I'm absolutely not dead set on Saturday, board dinners just always seem to happen that night for some reason. I just threw this scenario out as an option for a vote. If the majority seem to prefer Friday I'm totally cool with that.