• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anastasia's Collectibles & CGC
1 1

50 posts in this topic

Nezara. Has this issue been resolved? Interested because I've got a few outstanding with them as well, and I'm getting the same level of silent unprofessionalism. After reading these complaints it seems I'm not the only one wondering if they're qualified to continue being "trusted" representatives.

I did finally get my book back. It took a few more calls, e-mails, and unresponsive times but the book arrived safely packaged. The slab says the book was signed back in April, no telling why it took 6 months to be graded and returned at that service level. I never got an explanation other than they were busy.

On the plus side the comic was originally a PGX 1.0 and it came back a 1.8 with the signature on it.

Overall not a great experience for me, but it looks like sloppy handling and customer service rather than any criminal intent. I'd recommend anyone else dealing with them to go into it with a lot of patience. I did ask for price breakdowns before i sent in my book, but they changed it on me after I paid for expensive shipping. So buyer beware.

Thanks to all who offered advice.

I've always felt that I am better off waiting for someone's wife to get pissed off that their husband spent that money on someone's signature and for them to offer it up on eBay.

Stan Lee immediately comes to mind as does Romita which are the only two signatures I have (IIRC).

Screwed on wait time, customer service, and overall expenses. Buyer beware indeed. That's why I only deal with facilitators that I know I can trust. Clearing houses like Desert Wind and Anastasia's DEFINITELY do not make that list.

May I ask who you use just in case I would want something signed? Thanks!

Screwed on wait time, customer service, and overall expenses. Buyer beware indeed. That's why I only deal with facilitators that I know I can trust. Clearing houses like Desert Wind and Anastasia's DEFINITELY do not make that list.

May I ask who you use just in case I would want something signed? Thanks!

You got it, PM sent.

It took me almost 5 months to get mine back from them. They were at Silicon Valley Con facilitating for Lee. Paid fast track fees. Called multiple times with no response from them and then one day i got them in the mail. I'll never use them again and plan on informing the rest of the community. Bad bad company!

Boy these guys sound like consummate pros....no communications, ruin people's book, take 5x the expected tat (or more).

The OP was being pretty level headed about the whole situation in my view. He waited an awful long time being treated poorly before even posting and then a number of others have shared similar experience.

Competition fetters out these non consumer friendly behaviors pretty quickly. Let's hope, anyways!

On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 9:02 AM, MusterMark said:

I have used them several times and had absolutely no issues.

I've used them several times myself and I'm very satisfied. If you have an account with CGC, then it's much easier to track the progress of your books... you just login to the CGC site and click on "my submissions". You can see all of the updates on what stage your book is at in the grading process.

I just won a copy of Amazing Spider-man 39 in a 4.0 signed by both Romita and Lee.

From my understanding of pricing in regards to Anastasia and Desert Wind, it was cheaper to buy the book second hand then to send it to them to get it signed by these two guys and then adding the cost of slabbing and shipping and Desert Wind / Anastasia's fees on top of it.