• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Results from today's auction in Paris with comic art?

3 posts in this topic

Good evening! I was wondering whether anyone followed the auction today that took place in Paris and included a few nice Andru ASM pages and a big bunch of the Bob Brown Daredevil pages that Mike Burkey made available through his website several years ago.

I am particularly curious to know whether such a slug of Brown DD pages would result in some low prices due to localized flooding of the market, or whether the prices realized would be similar to Mike's asking prices (around $250-$600 each, from what I remember). Thanks, Lee

PS. Here's a link to the auction:

http://www.kapandji-morhange.com/html/index.jsp?id=34884&lng=fr&npp=10000

Sorry to disagree, but I was there and this is not what I recall.

Around 10-12 pages were unsold. So yes, quite surprising so many Brown pages sold at the same time.

The 3 Ross Andru Spiderman pages, announced sold during the auction at 3300 euros (plus fees) , were in fact UNSOLD. And offered after the auction ended, below 2200 euros (plus fees). And still unsold 15 minutes later. Same thing with 6 to 8 Bob Brown pages, Also announced Sold but unsold. And this really bugs me...

"The" internet buyer bought maybe 50 percent of the Brown pages, and mostly bought the 20 first Brown pages. But no 80 percent from all art to the same buyer...

Most of the pages sold around 500 USD (fees included) but many sold for 300 USD fees included, and around 8 pages were unsold.

The peak at 1.000 US for a Bob Brown page was only because 2 panel pages were drawn on the same artboard, with some action. Usually a classic Brown page, even with action and Black Widow on it, will not go over the 500-600 USD price range.

The Iron Man #5 page was of course surprising because you can barely see Iron Man on it, but it's possible that it was only one buyer pushed above the reserve price.

hi

well, i bought 10 pages on this auction (including the double DD Brown page on the same page), and well, the prices were pretty low i think (i had most DD pages at 250-300€, and the DD double page at 700€......with a 26% fee :mad::mad:)

and i think it's really low (i was eevn surprised to get so many lots, i put an order because i couldn't be there as i was traveling this day)

still, there were many great pages, too bad i couldn't get more