• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
4 4

648 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2018 at 8:01 AM, ygogolak said:

We did finally this morning receive our check $168,641.00 for reimbursement on the first batch of our comics and books that got soaked when our 72 skylights caved in during the storm

That's a lot of drek.

he's probably doing a rain dance as we speak

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

he's probably doing a rain dance as we speak

I'd say someone should double check how the sky lights gave out and possible question why you need so many sky lights above such a valuable set of comics.  Not insinuating anything.:whistle:

Edited by 1Cool

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I know back in the early 1990s their nick name was Mile High Prices! That was over 25 years ago.

:smile:

what is amazing to me is that people PAY that price which is 500% over retail and think they are getting a sale at "50%  off code word bargain"..it seems there always is a "sale" especially GA/ early SA books

Edited by Mmehdy

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I know back in the early 1990s their nick name was Mile High Prices! That was over 25 years ago.

:smile:

Yup. True for most of their catalogue.

I just used to stick to the cheap specials section.

Once I'd exhausted that option, too pricey.

Is a "Brave and the Bold #1" coverless for $700 a fair price? is it at even half off lol ,... not even sure if its worth it at half off the half off the half off

somehow a coverless is still listed as Good

12841473672.1.COVERLESS.GIFMedium-Size Cover
Jumbo-Size Cover
1 COVERLESS Fair

-
Good

Edited by 1950's war comics

12 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

cannot see how they get there prices...anybody know how they price so high........is there a common thead on the price

It seems that Mile High uses a very advanced pricing algorithm, once which is generally very, very confusing.

As a result, I suspect it's something to do with Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle formula.

The physicist, not the character played by Bryan Cranston.

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Is a "Brave and the Bold #1" coverless for $700 a fair price? is it at even half off lol ,... not even sure if its worth it at half off the half off the half off

somehow a coverless is still listed as Good

12841473672.1.COVERLESS.GIFMedium-Size Cover
Jumbo-Size Cover
1 COVERLESS Fair

-
Good

I think that decimal point needs to be moved.  $7.00.  

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

It seems that Mile High uses a very advanced pricing algorithm, once which is generally very, very confusing.

As a result, I suspect it's something to do with Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle formula.

I don’t know, I think you’d have to meth to think those prices are fair and or reasonable.

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

there should be some formula....besides using a dart board...$700 for fair and coverless BB1 and he probably paid a $1 for it

Here's a tip. You're not going to find older books at good prices. Moderns are a different story and the good thing is you can get multiples because they have the inventory.

This year I purchased a modern and sold it within a week at a 40% profit. Normally I would like better returns, but the turnaround time for a hot book can't be argued with.

19 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

what is amazing to me is that people PAY that price which is 500% over retail and think they are getting a sale at "50%  off code word bargain"..it seems there always is a "sale" especially GA/ early SA books

I will give him kudos for two things why he is successful.  Shipping is always fast,  and packaging is safely shipped where the comic books don't come damaged.

Prices are another matter, but at least I know I will get the comics quick and won't have to wait a month to receive them.

11 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I will give him kudos for two things why he is successful.  Shipping is always fast,  and packaging is safely shipped where the comic books don't come damaged.

Although shipping to the UK back in the early 90s was very slow, by surface mail, I agree that their packing was excellent.

8 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Although shipping to the UK back in the early 90s was very slow, by surface mail, I agree that their packing was excellent.

Yep. That is what he has got going for him. Packages the comics good and you get them in a reasonable time. No month wait here in the States.