• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
4 4

648 posts in this topic

Latest email, Chuck is blaming Amazon for HIS lack of sales this holiday season.

This guy lives in his own world.

I wish I could be oblivious to the world around me too. :ohnoez:

Mix your westnile medication with payote and finely ground pottery shards when you smoke it and you will be.

smileys-passing-joint.gif

Latest email, Chuck is blaming Amazon for HIS lack of sales this holiday season.

Mix your westnile medication with payote and finely ground pottery shards when you smoke it and you will be.

mmmmmmmmm peyote and pottery shards.... :D

mmmmmmmmm peyote and pottery shards.... :D

Its part of a balanced breakfast. :banana:

Chuck not only blames Amazon for his lack of sales (rather than admitting his problem is with pricing), but then goes as far as to plead with people to buy books from him, regardless of where he prices them. He says in part....

All of the above having been said, I sincerely thank you if you have continued to support us during 2016. It is only because of your kindness (and orders) that Mile High Comics can continue to exist, and that I can work to help you, and also the homeless here in Denver. If you have not placed an order with us this year, all I would ask is that you make some sort of conscious effort over this next year to provide us with at least a little bit of support.

Please, buy an overpriced book and help the homeless today!

In mile high latest newsletter chuck predicts a record year coming for 2017..he stated is his costs are down due to selling the other where house, and sales are up and he is

shipping much faster, he has added 70,000 new back issues in the last 8 months and has over 10,000 for SA comics to list....

If he updates his website look out...

Chuck not only blames Amazon for his lack of sales (rather than admitting his problem is with pricing), but then goes as far as to plead with people to buy books from him, regardless of where he prices them. He says in part....

All of the above having been said, I sincerely thank you if you have continued to support us during 2016. It is only because of your kindness (and orders) that Mile High Comics can continue to exist, and that I can work to help you, and also the homeless here in Denver. If you have not placed an order with us this year, all I would ask is that you make some sort of conscious effort over this next year to provide us with at least a little bit of support.

I've heard that some people live in cities outside of Denver which also have homeless people.

There's even a rumor that they can be helped locally without purchasing a comic. hm

So is this like Toms Shoes, when you buy a comic from Chuck he gives one to a homeless person?

So is this like Toms Shoes, when you buy a comic from Chuck he gives one to a homeless person?

I see no reason to NOT buy a gift certificate if you buy comics from Mile High. If you are going to spend $25 on comics, buy the certificate, Chuck gives the $25 to charity. Win / win.

Thank God I dont get his newsletter. :eyeroll:

I imagine him sitting down in front of his computer, with a giant hukkah of peyote, surrounded by massive amounts of indian pottery.

Haha, I think you're getting your....pharmaceutics mixed up.

Edited by ygogolak

Sounds like Torpedo Comics.

Dave,

Did Torpedo go out of business?

I have not purchased from them in about 6 months. What I found strange was the two books I purchased from them (as a gift for someone) about 6 months ago are still listed for sale (by them) on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIRD-WESTERN-TALES-23-CGC-9-8-HIGHEST-GRADED-/122150902639?hash=item1c70c2db6f:g:5r8AAOSwI-BWOpRJ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIRD-WESTERN-TALES-25-CGC-9-8-ONLY-2-GRADED-AT-9-8-/122150902606?hash=item1c70c2db4e:g:WegAAOSwwbdWOpRQ

I knew John was going through some reorganization of his shop. That was the only big store in Vegas I could think of.

I'm in Vegas and I can tell you I went to Torpedo Comics within the last few weeks for the first time and they do not appear to be going out of business.

It was a cool experience going there. I met Jim Lee in person and had him sign a few comics and talked to him for a bit. I heard the owner mention they would never sell any of that magic card game . I thought that was cool. A strictly comic book store. I also liked the way they had all their older and more valuable comics sectioned off from the main floor in a smaller room with see through glass walls.

I had never been to Torpedo Comics before but to me this seemed like it was a new location for them. It was kind of a weird location to be honest. It was off in this complex with a bunch of small subdivided warehouses. Not like in a typical retail center where most comic shops are. However, I understand the small warehouse thing they had going on which seemed cool as it was certainly bigger than your average sized comic shop and would be good if you are trying to run a larger sized internet mail order operation.

Edited by VegasJeff

Dave,

I have not purchased from them in about 6 months. What I found strange was the two books I purchased from them (as a gift for someone) about 6 months ago are still listed for sale (by them) on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIRD-WESTERN-TALES-23-CGC-9-8-HIGHEST-GRADED-/122150902639?hash=item1c70c2db6f:g:5r8AAOSwI-BWOpRJ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIRD-WESTERN-TALES-25-CGC-9-8-ONLY-2-GRADED-AT-9-8-/122150902606?hash=item1c70c2db4e:g:WegAAOSwwbdWOpRQ

I knew John was going through some reorganization of his shop. That was the only big store in Vegas I could think of.

I'm in Vegas and I can tell you I went to Torpedo Comics within the last few weeks for the first time and they do not appear to be going out of business.

It was a cool experience going there. I met Jim Lee in person and had him sign a few comics and talked to him for a bit. I heard the owner mention they would never sell any of that magic card game . I thought that was cool. A strictly comic book store. I also liked the way they had all their older and more valuable comics sectioned off from the main floor in a smaller room with see through glass walls.

I had never been to Torpedo Comics before but to me this seemed like it was a new location for them. It was kind of a weird location to be honest. It was off in this complex with a bunch of small subdivided warehouses. Not like in a typical retail center where most comic shops are. However, I understand the small warehouse thing they had going on which seemed cool as it was certainly bigger than your average sized comic shop and would be good if you are trying to run a larger sized internet mail order operation.

Torpedo is owned by John Dolmayan the drummer of System of a Down.

Dave,

In the back of the store, in the warehouse part he had a drum set with custom artwork all over it. Super cool. Will have to check if I have a picture of it on my phone.

Interesting latest newsletter claims that he has over 411,000 unique items on website, with his recent purchases including people coming in the store selling collections..see photos he claims his unique items went up from 330,000 after this recent buying spree, he claims also that he is going for 500,000 unique items by the end of the year......if dealers and collectors keep selling at 5 cents on the dollar, I have no doubt he is gonna get there.

Dave,

In the back of the store, in the warehouse part he had a drum set with custom artwork all over it. Super cool. Will have to check if I have a picture of it on my phone.

John and crew just opened that LV retail location a few months ago, if memory serves me...

I'm not sure who is more full of themselves, Chuck or Liefeld. Chuck is spouting about Newsstands being recognized by a competing grading company.

Three years ago I was in a very testy mood, as I had just finished giving San Diego Comic-Con a $16,800 check to renew our booth for the following year. I won't today delve into why I was especially annoyed that day, but suffice it to say that I was not in the mood to take **** from anyone. It was at this magic moment that a gentleman who makes his living by selling highly suspect comics pricing information to gullible fans accosted me in the convention foyer, to loudly voice his opinion that he was still not convinced that newsstand editions of comics were worth any more than the standard Direct Market versions.

Was this Overstreet?

For him to say that someones else's comic book pricing is highly suspect is laughable at best.