• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Excessive shipping cost...

24 posts in this topic

Answers to araich:

>o_f....I think you should not neg this person...:

I will not neg this seller...But i'm upset because it's not the first time it's happened...

>sounds like you are pleased with the packaging and the speed and which they were shipped.

Yes.

>This person packed your items securly, filled out the added paperwork, sent it to you in a timely manner.

To me this adds up to $4.10 worth of service in a heart beat. Are you prepared to neg a person for completing a transaction while charging slightly extra for "handling". What if he "overcharged" you by $2.10? Would you then be so agitated.

If you have a Paypal account and feel that you need a refund that desperatly, from someone that gave you exemplary service, then ask him for the $4.10 that you seem to feel was excessive.

To me this is much ado about nothing and just gives more ammunition to those who prefer not to ship overseas...

Money don't matter here, i'm just speaking of moral honesty...

I sometimes sell books on Ebay US too. I don't think it was a huge labor for me to fill out the customs paper, or to secure the package. It was a part of my "job", my contract. However, i have always charged exact shipping cost... So i think that i'm right when i ask to myself (and to all the members of this forum) questions about excessive shipping cost...

Osborn,

I know where you are coming from, that's why alot of EBay sellers don't ship world wide. When I have items to auction on EBay, I tend to only ship within North America. But everyonce in awhile I do have buyers who email me asking if I will ship overseas. I usually respond with a resounding "yes" but buyer has to pay all shipping costs, since I don't know the rates and possible tax/tariff charges. You can leave a negative feedback, it's up to you, but I don't think the seller intentionally ripped you off the $4.10. smile.gif

pp

I'd ask for a refund. Keep in mind that shipping globally does take more time and effort, and it is very hard to determine the cost to do so, so I doubt he intended to rip you off.

Hey, I figure that if they are CGC books that you wanted shipped that great a distance, they must have been pretty precious to you, and probably not too cheap. Don't sweat the $4 when you have two books you obviously wanted very badly.