• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Action 1....finally found!

63 posts in this topic

Amazing find!

I'm not up on all the CGC grading criteria, so excuse me for asking why the NG designation?

My guess is because of the interiors?

The way I read the label notes it seems like they are literally parts from an action 15 on the interior and the only ashcan part is the cover?

Normally ashcans used interiors from other sources, but iirc CGC they would state 'contents same as action 15' or 'reprinted from' action 15. The way I read that it seems like its literally action 15 parts with a new cover on top.

I could be wrong.

Is this the first time an actual copy of the comic has surfaced or had a cover been found previously? I seem to remember something along those lines when the scan of #2 first appeared. Could be a complete misremembrance on my part.

turned this old discussion up

http://cgcforum.gpanalysis.com/cgcforum_thread.asp?pagenumber=5&ThreadID=2091127&forumID=15&threadName=double+action+comics+%231

Is this the first time an actual copy of the comic has surfaced or had a cover been found previously? I seem to remember something along those lines when the scan of #2 first appeared. Could be a complete misremembrance on my part.

turned this old discussion up

http://cgcforum.gpanalysis.com/cgcforum_thread.asp?pagenumber=5&ThreadID=2091127&forumID=15&threadName=double+action+comics+%231

The copies were found long ago and mentioned by Overstreet, however this is the first time a public picture has been shown of the cover.

Amazing find!

I'm not up on all the CGC grading criteria, so excuse me for asking why the NG designation?

The way I read the label notes it seems like they are literally parts from an action 15 on the interior and the only ashcan part is the cover?

Normally ashcans used interiors from other sources, but iirc CGC they would state 'contents same as action 15' or 'reprinted from' action 15. The way I read that it seems like its literally action 15 parts with a new cover on top.

I could be wrong.

I think that is true of all Ashcans. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they were all remaindered copies with new covers that were stapled together by hand. I am not sure why it would get the no grade designation. Odd.

Amazing find!

I could be wrong.

I think that is true of all Ashcans. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they were all remaindered copies with new covers that were stapled together by hand. I am not sure why it would get the no grade designation. Odd.

Think of it as if a coverless book had a reproduction cover stapled onto it. NG is the designation.

The Ashcan covers were not mass produced.

Amazing find!

I could be wrong.

Think of it as if a coverless book had a reproduction cover stapled onto it. NG is the designation.

That's not how other ashcans have been graded though. This is the only NG I have seen. The rest have grades.

Amazing find!

I could be wrong.

That's not how other ashcans have been graded though. This is the only NG I have seen. The rest have grades.

That was my thinking as well...

Would be nice if CGC could clarify.