• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King's S.A. wares for sale

46 posts in this topic

If you say so. Usually on most sites they don't like when too many larger pictures are posted. And, I would grade the book at a 4.0.

This site is special...pictures are encouraged and most welcome!!

Great spine and nice centering for a VG! Does that tear in the top corner go through the book? I can't really tell what's going on with it on the front, looks as though it may be torn to the point of almost being detached?

The corner of the book is pretty beaten. It is not quite hanging to the point where you can't take it out and be afraid it will fall off, but it is torn going through the interior pages.

So, if its a 4.0 which guides at $160? Why double the guide price?

Here is a CGC 5.0 that went for $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33816&item=6524332159&rd=1

Because I want to. Because it is a book which is always selling higher than guide and this book in particular does not look like your typical lower grade book.

I disagree that it always sells for higher than guide. Look at that 6.5 I just showed you, that went for guide or maybe a little lower.

So, if its a 4.0 which guides at $160? Why double the guide price?

Here is a CGC 5.0 that went for $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33816&item=6524332159&rd=1

Because I want to. Because it is a book which is always selling higher than guide and this book in particular does not look like your typical lower grade book.

I disagree that it always sells for higher than guide. Look at that 6.5 I just showed you, that went for BELOW guide.

Fine; it goes for above guide most of the time. Even on Ebay it usually goes for more than guide. Then when you're talkin' selling it at a store...you're crushing the guide price.

realise that when folks around here say "that's shady," they're being nice, and giving you the benefit of the doubt. if they thought you were actually trying to pull something, you'd be having a nice hot flame bath right about now.

Eh, no big deal really. I guess that's why I've been reluctant to join these boards for months now. I know that there are many es here that just like to hear themselves talk. Not saying that it is any of you guys...of course. gossip.gif

You're not really crushing the guide price - interestingly enough in the grades from 3.0 to 5.5 it goes for guide to 10% above guide, from 6.0 to 9.2 the prices realized are more or less around guide or slightly less, but seldom above. The guide is very accurate on this book.

This is according to GPA, the website which records every sale of all CGC books on ebay, Heritage etc. for the last three years, give or take.......

I always wanted a Hulk 181 in 9.2.

If I could get a 9.2 copy for $350,it would be a great deal.

Since I can't find a Hulk 181 at a bargin price,perhaps I should buy a lower grade one for twice the going rate,secure in the knowledge that if it was really a 9.2,I'd have gotten a great bargin.

Just razzing ya a little bit. I don't think you were trying to pull anything. No worries though. I got it 2 times when I came on board.

Ah, so I guess that is the entry few into these boards. I tried stating my 100% positive feedback as a crudential. angel.gif I guess I'm used to people knowing me.

I've sold some books on comiccovers.net, and I sell stuff everyday at the comic shop I work at. I'm a mainstay over at CPG and STLcomics.com. Not doing too shabby in the CGC contest over at STL either. I think I've been off by .5 more than anybody there. makepoint.gif

...there's my crudentials. headbang.gif

You're not really crushing the guide price - interestingly enough in the grades from 3.0 to 5.5 it goes for guide to 10% above guide, from 6.0 to 9.2 the prices realized are more or less around guide or slightly less, but seldom above. The guide is very accurate on this book.

This is according to GPA, the website which records every sale of all CGC books on ebay, Heritage etc. for the last three years, give or take.......

I was talking about crushing the guide price if you took it to a store and sold it there.

I always wanted a Hulk 181 in 9.2.

If I could get a 9.2 copy for $350,it would be a great deal.

Since I can't find a Hulk 181 at a bargin price,perhaps I should buy a lower grade one for twice the going rate,secure in the knowledge that if it was really a 9.2,I'd have gotten a great bargin.

Yes you should. You know why? Because I want your money. wink.gif

I was talking about crushing the guide price if you took it to a store and sold it there.

Well, off to the store with you then...... tongue.gif

Don't you people read? Can you not comprehend that I was noting it had eye appeal of a higher grade book and mechanical defects of a lower grade one?

Is that so very complex?

Would it have been so very complex to state your grade of 4.0 in your original post?

Well, off to the store with you then...... tongue.gif

No thanks. I'm good here. wink.gif

Don't you people read? Can you not comprehend that I was noting it had eye appeal of a higher grade book and mechanical defects of a lower grade one?

Is that so very complex?

Would it have been so very complex to state your grade of 4.0 in your original post?

Yes. popcorn.gif

Is that so very complex?

Yes. popcorn.gif

See, you fit right in with us @$$holes.

You are one among many. So have you sold it yet? insane.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

KoR is okay ya'll. However, I have noticed when his grade differes a large amount with CGC's in Iron maniacs grading contest, he seem to think it is CGC's fault poke2.gif

Of course it's their fault. It certainly can't be mine.

But really, I have admitted when I have over-graded and under-graded. I guess you just fail to look at those foreheadslap.gif. There are times where I do think they have graded quite poorly. That's the game.