• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Reference of Auction House Fees
2 2

24 posts in this topic

Let's build it

Heritage

Buyer Premium: 19%

Seller Premium: 10% (Negotiable down to 7.5%)

ComicLink

Buyer Premium: 3%

Seller Premium: 10%

Comic Connect

Buyer Premium:

Seller Premium:

eBay

Buyer Premium:

Seller Premium:

Pedigree

Buyer Premium:

Seller Premium:

Let's build it

Heritage

ComicLink

Comic Connect

Buyer Premium:

Seller Premium:

eBay

Buyer Premium:

Seller Premium:

Pedigree

Buyer Premium:

Seller Premium:

...pretty sure Clink only charges 3% on Credit Card or Paypal.... so listing it as a buyer's premium is misleading. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Let's build it

Heritage

ComicLink

Comic Connect

Buyer Premium:

Seller Premium:

eBay

Buyer Premium:

Seller Premium:

Pedigree

Buyer Premium:

Seller Premium:

...pretty sure Clink only charges 3% on Credit Card or Paypal.... so listing it as a buyer's premium is misleading. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You might be right - from their Ts & Cs page:

All transactions are subject to a three percent (3%) Buyer’s Premium which is in addition to the purchase price, which premium may be rebated if the purchase price is paid on time and under certain payment terms, such as check, money order, or bank wire.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the following, some of this info may have changed since I last reviewed:

Heritage

Buyer Premium: 19.5%, minimum of $14.00 per item

Seller Premium: 15%

ComicLink

Buyer Premium: 3%, waived if not paying by credit card, incentive to the buyer to save himself money

Comic Connect

Buyer Premium: 0%

Seller Premium: 13%, or 10% if the buyer chooses not to pay by credit card, no incentive to the buyer to save the seller money

eBay

Buyer Premium: none

Seller Premium: varies. 10% base final value fee for standard accounts. 9% for store accounts (requires at least $25/month fee for basic store account). The final value fee is charged not just on the item price but on whatever you charge for shipping. Additional 3% PayPal payment processing fee. Additional listing fees may apply (depends on listing details, many free listings available, etc). Top rated seller accounts get a 20% discount on their eBay invoice, so 20% off the 9% FVF for store accounts is 7.2%, plus the 3% for Paypal comes to about 10.2%. When you factor in that the FVF applies to your shipping cost, plus listing fees, store fees, or if you don't get the 20% top rated discount, actual total fees are often closer to 13-15%.

Pedigree

Buyer Premium: 3%, waived if not paying by credit card, incentive to the buyer to save himself money

Seller Premium: 10% up to $10K, 9% up to $25K, 8% up to $50K, 6% up to $100K, 5% over $100K

MyComicShop

Seller Premium: 10% up to $300, 8% up to $3000, 6% over $3000. Minimum of $5 per item. Same fees apply whether you're selling via auction or fixed price.

Edited by mycomicshop

My chart - which was a pain to compile (where were you six months ago, MCS?!) - had a few asterisks.

* Sales tax collected by auctionhouse - Heritage

* anti-snipe rule postpones auction END until 3 min. after last bid - comic connect (might help sellers get higher hammer price)

* some fees may require or prefer CGC books over raw (as seller looking to sub-contract the selling efforts, it might make a diff.)

My chart - which was a pain to compile (where were you six months ago, MCS?!) - had a few asterisks.

* anti-snipe rule postpones auction END until 3 min. after last bid - comic connect (might help sellers get higher hammer price)

* some fees may require or prefer CGC books over raw (as seller looking to sub-contract the selling efforts, it might make a diff.)

Trying to figure out what the last bullet point means. ???

My handwritten notes are ambiguous.

As I recall one of the auction-sellers (not MCS) has a different fee structure if books are raw comics (not CGC etc.). If a person has a box of raw books (or maybe it was non-key raw books) and instead of ebay use someone else to list on their behalf for a commission, then different fees than those posted might apply in contrast to a collection comprised of solely CGC/CBCS books.

[Edited because I hate spreading vague or misleading info.]

An auction house would always prefer the consignor to send them books that have already been graded because it saves them both a lot of work and a lot of ancillary costs. If the books are already graded from the consignor, then the auction house simply has to list them and do a write-up.

If the books from the consignor are raw and still need to be graded, then the auction house would normally also have to review the book on behalf of the consignor, ship them to the grading company and then wait to get them back from the grading company before they can even be listed. Virtually all of the sales related and grading submission work would now have to be done by the auction house, along with absorbing the additional shipping charges.

Bottom line: Graded books always preferred over raw books. (thumbs u