• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skybolt's Sensations

88 posts in this topic

Are your Sensations from the same collection.

No - actually they are separate pickups here and there.

They all seem very clean, bright, glossy and fresh. Very nice.

Thanks Buck (they're unrestored with white pages, too) - glad you enjoyed the scans.

As far as my so-called 'magic camera', just log on to the Ronco website and anyone can get one for themselves. The camera does dramatically improve the look of the subject, but its 'magic' is not restricted just to comics....I took a picture yesterday of Kirstie Alley in a bikini and the resulting photo made her look as skinny as Gwyenth Paltrow.

STEVE

Ok, that camera just went from "magic" to "miracle".

Har!

OK, this is my last one (Simon Powell copy) so here's hoping someone else can carry the torch and keep this thread alive - these Sensations are just plain fun to see.

100_1274.jpg

STEVE

That issue has always been among my favorites because of the intense colors! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm very excited about this copy and couldn't wait to open the box when I saw that it arrived today. It has very nice white pages inside and the inks really do pop off the pages. Its a very nice upgrade to my VG+ copy.

Too bad about the foxing on front but the back is very nice. yay.gif

SensationComics93.jpg

SensationComics93b.jpg

First time I've looked through this thread. Well done. This latest pick-up looks like it grades out really well.

Thanks. I have been trying to put together a nice looking run above 5.0. Not easy and will take some time. However, I appreaciate every issue that I finally get into my hands. cloud9.gif

Beautiful Buck! Do you have a #1?

One day I will get a Sensation Comics 1. I would like to get an All Star 8 first.

I'm really focusing on the Sensation run of 80-106. Tough books to find and very very hard to find above 4.5. I love the covers to that run and the challenge of finding them is a thrill.

Beautiful Buck! Do you have a #1?

One day I will get a Sensation Comics 1. I would like to get an All Star 8 first.

I'm really focusing on the Sensation run of 80-106. Tough books to find and very very hard to find above 4.5. I love the covers to that run and the challenge of finding them is a thrill.

The thrill of the hunt is what makes it exciting!

The inks really do shine on this one and the white spotlight is very clean. Love it. No unrestored copies have been graded yet.

SensationComics996.jpg

You're closing in on the run! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Har!

OK, this is my last one (Simon Powell copy) so here's hoping someone else can carry the torch and keep this thread alive - these Sensations are just plain fun to see.

100_1274.jpg

STEVE

Poor page quality and low gloss, I'm surprised you would buy a book like this.

Ken

The inks really do shine on this one and the white spotlight is very clean. Love it. No unrestored copies have been graded yet.

SensationComics996.jpg

You're closing in on the run! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm getting it done one book at a time. I have a few more going to CGC very soon.