• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED raw keys Detective 359, Hulk 2, ST101, ToS 57, etc...

34 posts in this topic

Strange Tales #101 Fine Plus 6.5 (raw)

There are small tears in the Torch's tail flames at the edge of the cover. There are three streaks which I believe are printing defects, as I've seen the effect before (below Torch in gray area, and base of the tower). There's a vertical crease at the title area, with a color break which the scanner shows much more than the naked eye. The spine stress and back cover clearly bring the book down, in my opinion, and the colors could have more pop--but, it's tight and flat with no chipping, and no arrival date or writing on it.

$400

First silver age solo human torch stories begin.

st101f70.jpg

st101r70.jpg

Fantastic Four #48 Fine Minus 5.5 (raw)

Obvious color rub and creases with color break; note tear and wrinkled area within mid-left of coupon on rear cover.

Might grade higher, but a solid mid-grade copy.

$350

First Silver Surfer and Galactus.

ff48f.jpg

ff48r.jpg

:takeit: per pm!

Avengers #57 Fine/Very Fine 7.0 (raw)

Note some sort of light smudge in mid-lower front cover on the smoke. Book has a moderate vertical bend along the spine. Some creasing along right edge of cover with some abrasion mid-way down.

SOLD

First appearance and origin of Silver Age Vision.

Tales of Suspense #57 Very Good/Fine 5.0 (raw)

Tanning, back cover has some issues, abraded spine and color rub mid-way down left side of cover, some sort of light date stamp in title.

The book would grade 5.5 or higher, but it is dimpled through at lower middle cover and lower right corner. It's subtle enough you could miss it, but can't be ignored once you notice it.

SOLD

First appearance of Hawkeye and his first team up with the Black Widow.

Tales of Suspense #57 Very Good Minus 3.5 (raw)

Some sort of mild wrinkling to the cover, but presents well for grade with rough spot mid-right cover.

Might grade higher, but book has a matted feel to it and black marker on the back cover, so solid in grade, I think.

$230

tos57f35.jpg

tos57r35.jpg

Note some sort of light smudge in mid-lower front cover on the smoke. Book has a moderate vertical bend along the spine. Some creasing along right edge of cover with some abrasion mid-way down.

$300

avg57f70.jpg

avg57r70.jpg

Tanning, back cover has some issues, abraded spine and color rub mid-way down left side of cover, some sort of light date stamp in title.

The book would grade 5.5 or higher, but it is dimpled through at lower middle cover and lower right corner. It's subtle enough you could miss it, but can't be ignored once you notice it.

$275

tos57f55.jpg

tos57r55.jpg

:takeit:per PM! :cloud9:

:winnah:

$300

avg57f70.jpg

avg57r70.jpg

$275

tos57f55.jpg

tos57r55.jpg

:takeit:per PM! :cloud9:

:bump:

10% off posted books so far.

An additional 10% off if you've already made a purchase in the thread (20% total).

An additional 10% off if you buy 2 or more books (20 to 30% total).

Here are the remaining books:

Incredible Hulk #2 Very Good Plus 4.5 (raw) $950

Detective Comics #359 Fine Plus 6.5 (raw) $650

Incredible Hulk #182 Very Fine Plus 8.5 (raw) $150

Marvel Premiere #15 Fine 6.0 (raw) $180

Journey into Mystery #85 Very Good/Fine 5.0 (raw) $725

Fantastic Four #3 Good 2.0 (raw) $250

Strange Tales #101 Fine Plus 6.5 (raw) $400

Tales of Suspense #57 Very Good Minus 3.5 (raw) $230

If you're interested in books I didn't get posted, let me know: Iron Man #1, Marvel Super-Heroes #18, Strange Tales #135, Flash #123...no discounts on these, yet, but PM me if you want to see about working them into a deal.